What's new
What's new

IMTS 2020 Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnctoolcat

Diamond
I read in “Manufacturing News” that IMTS 2020 has been officially cancelled. I haven’t seen it posted elsewhere here on PM....

Now the major college football conferences are hinting the season may be cancelled...and this sucks for me, as I enjoy college football way better than the cry-baby-riddled NFL.

And the China virus nightmare rolls on....

ToolCat

I read in “Manufacturing News” that IMTS 2020 has been officially cancelled. I haven’t seen it posted elsewhere here on PM....

Now the major college football conferences are hinting the season may be cancelled...and this sucks for me, as I enjoy college football way better than the cry-baby-riddled NFL.

And the China virus nightmare rolls on....

ToolCat

The entire world needs to get together and bill the chinese communist party for all costs involved with the china virus, they could have nipped it in the bud but they covered it up instead.

We need, as a country, to stop blaming and scapegoating everything. It started in China. Big Deal.
It is here now and calling it the china virus is nothing but racist baiting.

How about rather than spending time, thought and effort on who to blame we could come together, hold each up, hell raise each other up. Help each other out.
I'm tired of a binary world. It isn't on or off. The world is gray. Let's try to work together to put some color back in it.

A lot of major diseases have been named by where they originated.

There is nothing racist about calling the current world pandemic by the name of where it originated.

Don’t you politically-correct lefties have some police to fire, some monuments to deface, or some mail-in election ballots to fill out?

I am starting to think a lot of people do not know what the word racist actually means and just throw it around in their conversation. It is like some social justice warrior battle cry.

There is nothing racist about calling the current world pandemic by the name of where it originated.

Don’t you politically-correct lefties have some police to fire, some monuments to deface, or some mail-in election ballots to fill out?

Please keep your right wing offensive bs to yourself.

I am starting to think a lot of people do not know what the word racist actually means and just throw it around in their conversation. It is like some social justice warrior battle cry.

100%
Don't agree with someone.... just call them a privileged racist...

Ok...

At the moment calling SAR-Cov-2 the "China" virus is somewhat tinged with racism as it can be construed with Chinese people (persons who happen to be ethnically Chinese).

'Peeps" that really want to stick it to the political entity that governs China have been calling it the "CCP- Virus" and that is actually considered much less racist. It's also more of a direct hit.

Right now it might as well be called the "America Virus" USA #1 ... (That's what some call it in China lol); Similarly the Spanish flu originated actually in Kansas.

"China virus" has become re-contextualized by Trump to have a certain connotation that serves as a clearly audible "Dog whistle" to his base. Before hand "china Virus" would be old school more neutral but of course Trump has managed to politicize that and hence in certain quarters those that don't like things leaning in a racist direction push back on that. So for example the United Nations are mandated to call it by it's biological name SAR-COV-2 , some call it the Wuhan virus ~ perhaps more acceptable ? [Tied to a specific location.].

Better than the "Kung Flu". (The deafening dog whistler in Chief).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile IMTS cancelled.

Didn't OX post that in the other thread ? "Will IMTS get Cancelled" ? (Maybe it's not final final cancelled ? But now it is ? as per CNCToolCat point. ).

I have attended some online virtual tours, for example Makino have their real time virtual "Experience"/ giant wall and then up links to other installations in other states with people running machines real time and you can sorta ask questions real time. It's not bad but the resolution isn't that great in some instances and difficult to get a sense of the part quality for a particular type of work.

Okuma America are doing something "Virtual" I think , also MAZAK and HAAS have already been doing virtual tours of new machinery for over six weeks now (I believe).

Happy Sunday !

Hey houndogforever, don't you have some windows to break and cop cars to overturn and burn in Portland? We have as much right to be right wing as you do to be a lefty. So choke on it!

You're welcome to be right wing. You're welcome to support a toddler as president. You're welcome to support cops who murder black people. You're welcome to do your part to spread a horrible virus by not wearing a mask and infecting other people because the toddler-in-chief told you to.

How 'bout that hydroxi-whatever that the TIC touts - it does nothing for Covid, but does keep it from the actual patients who need it to control lupus. How about your TIC defiling a heroic prisoner of war from Vietnam, even past death, while he himself claimed that "VD was his Vietnam"?*

You have some odd heroes, MM. Maybe right wingers should, umm, think a little bit about who they're supporting?

*Donald Trump Calls Avoiding STDs His '''Personal Vietnam''' | PEOPLE.com

Please keep your right wing offensive bs to yourself.

Hey houndogforever, don't you have some windows to break and cop cars to overturn and burn in Portland? We have as much right to be right wing as you do to be a lefty. So choke on it!

While you and your beloved parties are busy fighting, the government is busy taking over and stripping you of the few rights Americans had left. WAKE UP!

You're welcome to be right wing. You're welcome to support a toddler as president. You're welcome to support cops who murder black people. You're welcome to do your part to spread a horrible virus by not wearing a mask and infecting other people because the toddler-in-chief told you to.

How 'bout that hydroxi-whatever that the TIC touts - it does nothing for Covid, but does keep it from the actual patients who need it to control lupus. How about your TIC defiling a heroic prisoner of war from Vietnam, even past death, while he himself claimed that "VD was his Vietnam"?*

You have some odd heroes, MM. Maybe right wingers should, umm, think a little bit about who they're supporting?

*Donald Trump Calls Avoiding STDs His '''Personal Vietnam''' | PEOPLE.com

I don't support cops that kill black or any other color people. What in the world is more left wing than a UNION? The only reason that asshole was able to use his knee is the UNION that protected his worthless ass for 19 years! I do wear a mask. Follow the money! Hydroxy whatever it is is being used with good results all over the world, been in use since the 1920's for Malaria as well as Lupus and God only knows what else. Problem! It can be made for pennies by anyone, Rendesiver costs 40.00+ a dose. Big pharma loves it. Lets outlaw hydroxy whatever so we can sell Rendesiver! You are the one who should pay attention to who you support. biden and the clintons had nothing but good to say about KKK Kleagle and Exalted Cyclops ROBERT BYRD, you know the great democrat Senator! How many black people did he help lynch? Is it worse to kill a black man if you are a cop or a KKK member?

The entire world needs to get together and bill the chinese communist party for all costs involved with the china virus, they could have nipped it in the bud but they covered it up instead.

Lessee, they started shutdowns, what when there wre ho wmany deaths?

Oh, uhh, we will say fewer than ten

your idiot hero is still arguing basic disease control after 160 thousand

foolishness

This one is not named for where it orginated, i is called Covid 19

calling it the china virus or whatever just makes you look like a doooooosh

Who paid for the study? Why is it drivel from me and gospel from you?

It is drivel because every scientific test shows it does nothing or worse, and you have rumor

that you continue shows a serious problem with logic

I mean, 4 months ago, it was not a ridiculous conversation. I mean I disagreed then and it turns out I was right, but it could have worked, which would have been great.

It is now moot

it does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back