What's new
What's new

Info needed on old Trabon model EC lube pump - manual / parts list?

jj80909

Aluminum
Looking for a manual or parts list for an old Trabon model EC lube pump. This is on a early '80s Wells Index CNC 700.

I have the main lube line disconnected from the pump, the recommended 60 PSI air hooked up as well as the timer. When the cycle starts, the solenoid will fire for about a minute and cycle will complete with the remaining air pressure released.

The thing is, little to no lube oil is ejected from the pump...just a few drops.

The machine has sat for quite a while, but the lube oil that does come out looks like the consistency of Vactra 2.

I've Googled Trabon stuff, but haven't found any info on the EC model. I thought I'd try here before attempting to take it appart.

Any help is appreciated.KIMG0764.jpg

If it turns out you need parts, I may still have a complete one off of our old Monarch mill. Pretty sure we dumped all our maintenance manuals for the machine though, but will take a look.

Well, I ended up taking it apart and cleaning it up...it turns out there's not a whole lot to the pump. A piston / air chamber, some one-way valves and some o'rings.

However, there is a rupture or blow-out disk that protects the system from excessive pressure. The one I removed had the middle of it blown-out. I looked all over inside the pump, but did not find the center section...me thinks someone was in there before and took it out...maybe they thought it was a hanging chad.

The disk looks like it's made of 0.004" thick aluminum.

I'll have to dig around the interweb to see if they are available, but for now a local IPA took one for the team and got me back up and running :)KIMG0765.jpg

Not sure why it blew, but maybe someone in the past hooked it up to shop air pressure.

Back