Ingersoll Cutting Tools tech support now on Practical Machinist - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 76 of 76
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    West Unity, Ohio
    Posts
    25,288
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5552
    Likes (Received)
    7978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vr6 View Post
    europe edp # 5800496 for SPE-55R002, no inventory but ingersoll Haiger in germany does have the blanks to produce the inserts

    europe edp # 5886086 for SPE-55L03, no inventory and no blanks available either to produce new inserts

    usa edp # 8440012 will work for your Left Hand needs. different grade but will work for cutting copper.

    best to reach out to your local Ingersoll Rep or who you purchase tooling from to move forward with your request.

    Shirley that tool is upside down, no?


    -------------------

    Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    92
    Likes (Received)
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    Shirley that tool is upside down, no?


    -------------------

    Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    Maybe it came from New Zealand or Australia?

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    West Unity, Ohio
    Posts
    25,288
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5552
    Likes (Received)
    7978

    Default

    But wouldn't they hold the camera upside down there too?
    Shirley their camera's may use gravity - and not a compass?


    Actually that tool doesn't look to have a top or bottom.
    Must be more for an arbor style horizontal maybe - for slotting? (planing?)


    --------------------

    Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,508
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    177
    Likes (Received)
    271

    Default

    Hello VR6, welcome to the forum.
    Would that be a Corrado or Jetta?
    Please tell my old friends Derek D. and Tommy H. I said Hi

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    northern illinois
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by exkenna View Post
    Hello VR6, welcome to the forum.
    Would that be a Corrado or Jetta?
    Please tell my old friends Derek D. and Tommy H. I said Hi
    a corrado and a beetle our pretty much the only vw models i have not owned. currently have a 2017 passat r-line and my wife has a 2018 tiquan

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Flushing/Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    7,796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    391
    Likes (Received)
    6484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    Crankshaft?
    Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    Good guess. I should have known you get this one easy.
    Yup rod pin internal millling cutter. Rough pin dia, undercuts, and cheeking
    American GFM crankshaft machine.
    A different design in that the crank is held stationary and the mill "orbits" around each pin journal in space.
    Being an internal mill with that type cutter's design advantages of less air time between teeth, wicked fast.
    Once a star in high production but yet now not the most popular machine in auto as it can't do lots of other things in the same clamp.
    In the big boy field on the new stuff I was not allowed to bid a design against Ingersoll and others because I had no representation in China.
    That hurt as we had been in automotive crank machining and leading since the late 70's.
    Bob

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    West Unity, Ohio
    Posts
    25,288
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5552
    Likes (Received)
    7978

    Default

    Well, that would be a bulky tool for bone screws, so ...
    (same principal as whirling)


    ----------------

    Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Flushing/Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    7,796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    391
    Likes (Received)
    6484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    (same principal as whirling)

    Ox
    Yes the same in a most sense but most threads are not 6 inches tall from root to crest and other considerations but yup it is like thread whirling without any side feed.
    I only respond as the two, while both internal, are so very different designs.
    Yes you are 100% right in the how it works.
    This can be done on any 3 axis milling machine with the steps or any form included.
    Bob

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vr6 View Post
    europe edp # 5800496 for SPE-55R002, no inventory but ingersoll Haiger in germany does have the blanks to produce the inserts

    europe edp # 5886086 for SPE-55L03, no inventory and no blanks available either to produce new inserts

    usa edp # 8440012 will work for your Left Hand needs. different grade but will work for cutting copper.

    best to reach out to your local Ingersoll Rep or who you purchase tooling from to move forward with your request.
    Left hand? Gotta be used on a horizontal setup for shoulder milling.

    Any image of this SPE-55L03? Searching ended up in almost nothing.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    northern illinois
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo View Post
    Left hand? Gotta be used on a horizontal setup for shoulder milling.

    Any image of this SPE-55L03? Searching ended up in almost nothing.
    spe-55.jpg

    best i can do for you. The letter L in our current products stand for left, it may have been something 30 years ago

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    West-Central Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2000
    Likes (Received)
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    What does a person run a cutter like that in?
    A large Hydrotel?


    --------------------

    Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    Looks like a big azz slot mill to me. This has been posted here before.



    Good luck,
    Matt

  12. Likes vr6 liked this post
  13. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,521
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1771
    Likes (Received)
    5236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Maguire View Post
    Looks like a big azz slot mill to me. This has been posted here before.



    Good luck,
    Matt
    Amusing coincidence - in the video (from 2015), someone mentions SmartCAM and its file structure. There was also an inquiry about SC in the "Pull Stud Broke - Brother Spindle Trashed" thread today (#469).

    Signs of the Apocalypse and SmartCAM rising from the dead??

  14. Likes Matt_Maguire liked this post
  15. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Flushing/Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    7,796
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    391
    Likes (Received)
    6484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vr6 View Post
    europe edp # 5886086 for SPE-55L03, no inventory and no blanks available either to produce new inserts
    There is no carbide insert ever made that you can not get a rough mold blank for.
    The exception maybe is molded chip breakers where the first part will cost you $3000 for the die.
    This however does not have that problem.
    In the day these would have been pressed by Carboloy in Detroit for Ingersoll so yes that die is long gone but one can still buy preforms from a lot of places.
    Bob

  16. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vr6 View Post
    spe-55.jpg

    best i can do for you. The letter L in our current products stand for left, it may have been something 30 years ago
    And what does "3"stands for?

  17. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    northern illinois
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    There is no carbide insert ever made that you can not get a rough mold blank for.
    The exception maybe is molded chip breakers where the first part will cost you $3000 for the die.
    This however does not have that problem.
    In the day these would have been pressed by Carboloy in Detroit for Ingersoll so yes that die is long gone but one can still buy preforms from a lot of places.
    Bob
    obviously before my time. he is cutting copper with this cutter. i looked up the carbide info from Ingersoll germany. the carbide substrate is not available in the "L" in their system. they have inventory and have blanks for the "R" which he needs too for the cutter body. he's already asked for inventory in Europe which is where i went looking for inventory

    now in the usa market. it's a different story,we have blanks to accommodate his needs but he'd still have to get a quote started with his local tooling rep. there are minimums and a 16 week lead time here in the states

  18. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    northern illinois
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo View Post
    And what does "3"stands for?
    the number would represent if it has a sharp edge, chamfer or a radius on the cutting edge


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •