What's new
What's new

inside chamfer on parts

Is there no general tolerance on the title block? If you not and you can't contact the creator of the drawing, you have to revert to the convention that since the dimension is 1 dp, the tolerance is + or - 0.1.

Hi, what is the tolerance for the inside chamfer on parts which do not have nothing stated on the drawing like this on the picture: IMG-20190201-083049 — imgbb.com
The tolerance is DIN ISO 2768

Is there no general tolerance on the title block?

ISO 2768 is the general tolerance. There should also be a suffix applied, i.e. "ISO 2768-fH", which defines the tolerance level.

OP - you need to get yourself a copy of ISO 2768. You don't need to buy it, there are extracts of the relevant section readily available on the internet - google it.

Is there no general tolerance on the title block? If you not and you can't contact the creator of the drawing, you have to revert to the convention that since the dimension is 1 dp, the tolerance is + or - 0.1.

There is no convention that, that is true. You cannot just make up tolerances. IF it's not in the Title block, IF there is no reference to a Standard (ISO for example). That means you have a chitty print drawn by Amateurs.

IF you have a chitty print drawn by Amateurs, than it doesn't really matter and no one is going to know the difference, as long as the part looks good and functions they'll probably be happy. But there is no such thing as a Universal unspecified tolerance. When I was green, I got my ass handed to me about this specific philosophy. So I'm not beating anyone up, just posting for informations sake.

R

Also I'll add to this specific situation. If that thinking were applied to this Dimension; the print dimension is 0,2 specifying .2mm, so in the same train of thought being that unspecifieds would fall under ±.01---notice 0,01 is very different from 0.01 (±0,01 is ±.00039 Inches)

There is no convention that, that is true. You cannot just make up tolerances. IF it's not in the Title block, IF there is no reference to a Standard (ISO for example). That means you have a chitty print drawn by Amateurs.

IF you have a chitty print drawn by Amateurs, than it doesn't really matter and no one is going to know the difference, as long as the part looks good and functions they'll probably be happy. But there is no such thing as a Universal unspecified tolerance. When I was green, I got my ass handed to me about this specific philosophy. So I'm not beating anyone up, just posting for informations sake.

R

To further what Rob says, some shops, have a 3 place decimal at +/-.005, some shops are +/-.001, and some even +/-.01

Back