What's new
What's new

Integrating Companies names? Cutting/Turning Tools

Mau

Plastic
Hello everyone!

I've been searching for companies worldwide who integrate different tool brands, such as Kyocera, Mitsubishi, Iscar, Sandvik, etc.

So far, I've come across:

Jnterui
Cutting Tools Inc.
KASUGA KOHKI Co.,Ltd.
Production Tool Supply.
Progressive Machine Tools.

Can you name more of them? I would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards!

Mau

Hello everyone!

I've been searching for companies worldwide who integrate different tool brands, such as Kyocera, Mitsubishi, Iscar, Sandvik, etc.

So far, I've come across:

Jnterui
Cutting Tools Inc.
KASUGA KOHKI Co.,Ltd.
Production Tool Supply.
Progressive Machine Tools.

Can you name more of them? I would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards!

Mau

You are not even scratching the surface of a multi-BILLION dollar industry as to brand names, trade names, service marks, etc.

It goes back over 1600 years in Japan, nearly as long in Europe. See Pietro Beretta in Italy, brewers in England and Germany, cannon makers to the Kings, Pays Vasco, whip sword makers, Kerali State, present-day India. The technologies of mankind have roots many times older than most folks realize. So too, some of the companies and the families behind them - five hundred years, same family to three and more times that.

FWIW.. Kyoto was one of several ancient capitals or seats of power in Japan before that settled down on Edo, AKA "Tokyo". The predecessors of Kyoto Ceramics (Kyocera) started in making high-grade ceremonial teaware for royalty, ceramic laboratory crucibles, ceramic packaging for IC's, and fine glass for camera lenses even before they got into office copiers, let alone cutting tools.

That's just a sampling.

Fourteen of the over 100 lawyers who came out of the same HS graduating class as my Wife went into Intellectual property and patent careers. You need to start there and add DB mining skills or this will not even be "amusing" for very long as a mere hobby. It can drive you nuts and eat up your play-money.

Many of the databases are "for fee" not "for free", and even include computing capability to seek possibly infringing shapes and colours on logo art.

As said, it is a "BIG business". See "BIG Kaiser" or "3M", who actually DID start out in mining - or thought they had done - not Scotch tape, coating, or adhesives, for other examples.
:)

PS: Production Tool Supply AKA PTS is a mill supply house. I first bought from them 1959, still have and use that purchase, and still buy from them nearly 60 years on.

Their history and their founder's background are on their website. AFAIK, they have never been a "manufacturer".

Thank you so much for your input! Clearly I'm only just getting to know the industry.

Any other supply houses you'd be kind enough to recomend?

Best regards!

I could probably rattle off a few more names, but that would be unfair to my employer, seeing as they'd all be competitors. :) Well, not likely in Mexico, but you get the idea anyway.

I could probably rattle off a few more names, but that would be unfair to my employer, seeing as they'd all be competitors. :) Well, not likely in Mexico, but you get the idea anyway.

Mexico ain't Antarctica. They have competent mill supply houses. Most were founded by immigrant merchants from the Baltics, Germany, Poland, other Central European countries, rather than Spain, but their Spanish is as good as their English and several other languages. Get to know them well? You might hear: "Soy Judio". "MSC's" founder, RIP, would have been able to say the same. Also in more than one language.

Merchants run supply houses. Not machinists. They TRADE in "stuff". They do not MAKE it.

Back