What's new
What's new

Internal Machine ID number?

aj

Hot Rolled
I realize this is probably more of a 'Bill' question, but does anyone know of a memory location I could probe within a program to determine which machine it's running on? I run 3 Nakamura WT machines and the programs on the left side only have one or two differences that make them less than %100 compatible with the other machines. For example: on the WT-150s I have to specify a M428 to control which spindle I want to control. In the WT-250 M428 just hangs. If I could check a memory location and write something like:

IF [#(location) EQ (value) then M428;

I know, I know, it isn't that much editing but I'm getting lazy in my old age.

Any thoughts, suggestions? As usual I appreciate your input guys.

How about if you take an unused paramter and simply asign it a different value on each machine.

ie. on machine 1, you can set #800=1, machine 2 #800=2 and machine 3 #800=3

then you can just check the value of this with your if statement, etc.

My idea is a little different.

While you could do something macro-wise and have it do one or the other M-code...

Can you make a new M-code on the machine where M428 hangs?

I don't know what your M428 does. For simplification in my example below, I'm gonna assume it does something simple like clamp something or check for broken tool, or turn something on, etc. And on the 2nd machine, it doesn't have that feature so it hangs.

Edit: I re-read and see it chooses which spindle. So on the other machines, there is no different spindle for it to choose, and it hangs. In the example below, you could simply just have a "Blank" M-code with comments.

Just write a new M-code, M428 on that machine, and have it do something (or nothing at all?)

O9001(M428 DUMMY PROGRAM)
(CAN JUST BE COMMENTS )
(OR DO SOME OTHER M-CODES IN HERE IF IT IS A DIFFERENT CODE ON THIS MACHINE)
(BLAH BLAH BLAH)
M99

At each machine assign the proper mcode number to #800 . Just type it in. Then change your programs to call M#800.

As discussed, tagging it yourself is probably the most reasonable solution.

Sometimes the MTB will assign a model number in the system variables (on MORI's the variable # is listed in the electrical schematics book), but AFAIK there isn't a standard practice for this.

Back