What's new
What's new

Iscar coolant through parting block

Dustcanblue

Aluminum
It definitely helps. Better finish due to better chip control, better insert life, and increased feeds and speeds.

I use them they work great like everyone else says, But I don't use their block to hold it they make a kit to plumb it into your turret and use the blocks you may already have.

Just bumping this up to see if any more people are using this Iscar tang grip system.
Are they holding up pretty good? videos seem to show its pretty solid but the pocket for the insert look pretty small and like blowing up the insert could really hurt it?
I gotta pick between that and the sandvik QD system that is a bit more $.

Also, are you guys doing most of your parting with the insert up in LH holder, or insert down?
I would expect down to be less likely to bounce the part, and help it go down to the parts catcher?

Tang grip is pretty robust. We switched to them a couple of years ago & haven't looked back. We don't"blow up" nearly as often as previous system we have used. Plus, the blades are DOUBLE ENDED!!

LOL is this a flash back? it seam it is....what have you been using for pats 20 years?

I use it, on manuals and the cnc's. An operator blew a blade up by screwing around. They are not meant to side turn when it is in the part 10mm :angry: The Iscar guy was here and told me about these...ISCAR Cutting Tools - Metal Working Tools - TGSU : 232826 - TGSU 35-3-IQ-4Z . It has 4 pockets instead of two so you can have an extra oops moment and hopefully still have working pockets. The only downside is if you don't have a loose top clamp style block that you need to buy a block to suit because it is higher. In my case the old one was 32mm and the new one 35mm ISCAR Cutting Tools - Metal Working Tools - TGTBU : 232199 - TGTBU 25-35
As a parting system I have no complains with it but I don't do very deep parting. For shallow parting I still use their Grip style Heli holders because it is sturdier.

I ended up going with the sandvik QD system, has a port under and at the back from the looks of it for the coolant hose.
No clue yet how to tie them together, time for another thread..

It works well for us and has lasted longer than the normal straight blade. It also allows for higher feeds and speeds.

Back