What's new
What's new

Iscar face groove - toolholder block

SeymourDumore

Diamond
Guys

Does anyone know if there is a toolholder block similar to this: ISCAR Cutting Tools - Metal Working Tools - SGTBU/SGTBN
but one that mounts into the standard stick turret pocket instead of a bolt-on toolblock?

My problem is that I have precious little clearance between the turret OD and the back sheetmetal and if chips get stuck on the tool I am scratching the hell out of the guard
when using the bolt-on block + the facegroove holder.

I guess I can make one myself just fine, but hoping for an off-the-shelf solution if it exist.

Do you mean you want a cutoff type tool but with a square shank? If so yes. Walter 2042.

Nope.

Basically imagine the toolblock on the link to have a 1" shank in 90deg. to be mounted in a standard turret pocket.

Rob

Yes, a bar would work, except those use a different head and will not accept the HFFR blades that I already have for pretty much all sizes from 45mm and up.

Sidenote: I'd swear to have seen them somewhere... Maybe home made, maybe on an auction rather as an ad. , but pretty sure to have seen them.

Manchester was the king of face grooving, imo.

Don't know about face grooving as I've never looked into it, but for cutoff they were the king.
And as far as this shop is concerned, for cutoff the are still the king!

God only knows who owns them now ( Kenna, Widia, Seco ... ??? )

Mud, You're the winner of this Google contest!!!

The one you've linked to are metric, but then my SGTBF25.4 search brought up the imperial equivalent.

And to boot ...
Carbide Depot has it available 1-2 days out of Alabama.... SGTBF25.4-A

We have those here. Iscar is amazing for the wide range of hardware they have for holding their tools. There's also a stick to bolt face grooving bar tools to.

Back