What's new
What's new

Issue with haas vf2 y axis

Lgarretto

Plastic
So I have a 2004 haas vf2. I was having an issue with coolant leaking badly from the back where the way lube tank and oil separator is. Pulled the panel with the way lube and air and blew out the reservoir where the coolant is supposed to go into the oil separator and back to the coolant tank. It was full of chips. Now the machine wants to home out the y axis backwards. It goes all the way to the back and alarms out. Loads up. Tried wiping everything I can reach out from the back but it still does it. I didn't disconnect anything. I think maybe there's chips on the limit switch? I'm not sure. But I don't know where the limit switch is to check.
So does anyone know where the y axis limit switch is or possibly another solution?
Thanks.

Is it under the rear one? I am pretty sure I can see it from the rear. But I can't reach it

I'm not sure I've never had mine off. I did have the X stick once and it homed out backwards.
Maybe blow more air in there?

Probably best to take off the rear cover anyway. It's probably loaded with chips.

Probably so. I am reluctant to take the ways off. Up till the leak I tried to fix this machine has some of the best ways of any we have haha.
But thank you.

Back