What's new
What's new

HAAS ST10-y

Ales-CNC

Plastic
Hello everyone!

I have a problem with my cnc lathe haas st10-y with live tooling. I work programs with solidCAM. So...when machine milling with axial live tool with C-axis (operation does not metter - iMachining, pocket operation) on external diameter 40mm is everything ok, but problem is, when mill on diameter on 10mm or closer to the center of workpiece then machine stop working and i get an alarm message ˝09971 EXCESSIVE AXIS SPEED OR ACCELERATION˝. I tried everything to fix the bug, but it doesn't work. I must fix manually the program and manually insert additional feed rates so that the machine can work ˝normal˝.

Greetings from Slovenia.

Ales.

Attachments

• P_20201006_104127_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    P_20201006_104127_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 66
I know that my Inventor CAM generated excessive feedrates for my ST-30Y post sometimes.
Just run through the generated code and look for typically F's in the 20 000 range��.
Works for me anyways. Think it's a bug in the post. EDIT: I see that the feed is normal where it crashed in your program, but worth searching through the program for abnormal high feedrates. Shouldn't be an issue since it reads stuff line by line, but for some stupid reason it seemed to make a difference for me. I'm a newbie, so might be wrong every once in a while..

it really depends on your software version. The latest and greatest doesn't generate that alarm, but there's still some headache if you start or stop a g112 program super close to X0 Y0, like less than .004" from the origin.

Since those dimensions are so small, i'd suggest programming it WITHOUT g112, that is, within the + / - 2" envelope of the physical Y axis travel.

Back