What's new
What's new

Kia SKT-15 questions

rigger77

Plastic
Hello,

Please direct me if I am posting this in the wrong place. I am a rigger by trade, so as you may imagine I run into a lot of older machinery at great deals if not free sometimes. I have adopted two this time and trying to decide if they are worth trying to make run or part them.

First:
Kia SKT-15 looks like Yasnac controls?

Second: A Chevalier Lathe Plus FCL-1840A w/ Anilam 1200T control

So I have only this knowledge of their history, machines both ran great until building had a power surge from a lightning strike. He has several other machines of various manufacture that survived with no issue. The Kia he got to power up again but it seems to have lost parameters.
The Chevalier powers up normally but the spindle drive won't spin and the axis motors won't run either.

What say you guys? Worth plugging in and fooling with?
Keep in mind I am not a production machinist. I am a self taught idiot when it comes to machines. I can put either of these machines in places you couldn't likely imagine, but I'm novice at best running them. Any help would be appreciated. If nothing else I would have parts to sell if anyone needed anything.

Thanks,
Victor

OK, the Kia sounds like a 90s vintage machine. Yasnac doesn't sell parts anymore, but you can find them on Ebay. If you know of a tech, see what it needs. Might be simple like a power supply. If the machine can "wake up" but has no parameters, give Kia (now part of Hyundai-WIA) a call, they may have a copy.

The grinder sounds like a board took it.
If these can be made to function you could crank out a few parts or sell as running.

Back