Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cool

The machine is finally in my workshop!

All I have tried so far seems to be working ok.

In the end I also bought a 10hp second hand screw compressor as old one was too small.

At the installation stage , we found out the machine has also data server as option.

I ordered double station vices and double contact tool holders.

I can't wait to make the first parts

Quote Originally Posted by DavidScott View Post
    You may want to put a fan on the compressor to help it stay cooler, I have. My compressor is a cheaper 4hp 2 stage and works fine, just runs alot. The spindle air blast is the best I have ever used, I never clean my tapers that are in the machine, they just never need it. I think you should just use the machine and not overthink what to expect. What got me was the following:

1 It uses a lot of air so you will have to deal with a hot compressor and way more water in the air. I put an electric fan on my compressor, an after cooler between the pump and tank and a water separator between the after cooler and tank. I don't have an air dryer and I don't ever see any evidence of water or vapor in my shop air. Before I made these adjustments I had a lot of water in my shop air.

2 There will be a lot of way oil in your coolant, you will need a good way to get it out.

Don't crash it, the axis drives are very stout!

Listen for banging way covers, the rubber bumpers do die and have to be maintained. Rapids at 50% will help the way covers and doesn't waste more than a few seconds on a 2 minute cycle with several tool changes. Some proprietary bumpers can be found at Hennigs.

2. Likes TeachMePlease, DavidScott liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nevermind, I forgot you have a Fanuc control. Anyway, that sounds like great news! Let us know what you think of it after using it for a while. Keep your tool and holder projections as short as possible and play with chip loads, as in run them higher than you think you should, these machines are stiff so you may be surprised. Be careful with tools or parts moving before the machine complains.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nevermind, I forgot you have a Fanuc control. Anyway, that sounds like great news! Let us know what you think of it after using it for a while. Keep your tool and holder projections as short as possible and play with chip loads, as in run them higher than you think you should, these machines are stiff so you may be surprised. Be careful with tools or parts moving before the machine complains.
    Got first test program in ( just warming up program) it was all good for few minutes until I switched the swarf conveyor on and after few minutes an alarm came up , and can't run the machine.

Machine went on single block , it seems like it got stuck;(

The number of the alarm it s 2009 , it seems like there no info available on the net for this!
    Nothing on the machine manual either

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Funny how this stuff happens on a Friday night. The only thought I have is to look for a tripped relay. Perhaps the conveyer pulled too many amps.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Funny how this stuff happens on a Friday night. The only thought I have is to look for a tripped relay. Perhaps the conveyer pulled too many amps.
    Would you know what relay , and where they would be located?

Many thanks

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Most likely a thermal overload on the contactor for the chip (swarf) conveyor has tripped. It will most likely be in the main electrical cabinet, though some builders will have it in an enclosure near the motor for the conveyor.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    Most likely a thermal overload on the contactor for the chip (swarf) conveyor has tripped. It will most likely be in the main electrical cabinet, though some builders will have it in an enclosure near the motor for the conveyor.
    At least it doesn't sound a bad problem , but I don't know what I am looking for...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I quickly looked in the manual for our 1998 Kitamura H400 with 15M control

Alarm 9 (which corresponds to the 2009 you see) says chip conveyor alarm. It says "abnormal of chip conveyor - SINGLE BLOCK - *THERMAL RESET *REMOVE CHIPS"

It also says to look at the status of Diagnostic R19.0

I doubt the diagnostic bit is the same on your machine, but maybe?

You could take a picture of the inside of the electrical cabinet and maybe we could point out some suspects visually.

You could trace the wires back from the conveyor to the cabinet, maybe find where they go, if there's a breaker in the cabinet.

If you have the manuals, you could figure out where the wires go too, by looking at the wire labels.

Looking at the conveyor on this, it doesn't appear to have a thermal reset switch on the motor. There's no box with breaker inside on this one. I would imagine yours is similar.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by poxino View Post
    .....but I don't know what I am looking for...
    Inside your electrical cabinet you should have a few devices that look sort of like this. This is a contactor or sometimes called a motor starter

contactor.jpg

Notice the little "button" near the lower left side of the bottom part of the device. That is the thermal overload reset. If it is tripped, it will "click" when you press it. Not all are shaped or colored the same. You will need to look at the ones in your machine to see what they are, but they are usually pretty noticeable.

With the machine power off just press all of them you see and note any that click. Probably just one. That will be the one for your conveyor.

11. Likes TeachMePlease liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pictures of electrical cabinet coming

Quote Originally Posted by dandrummerman21 View Post
    I quickly looked in the manual for our 1998 Kitamura H400 with 15M control

Alarm 9 (which corresponds to the 2009 you see) says chip conveyor alarm. It says "abnormal of chip conveyor - SINGLE BLOCK - *THERMAL RESET *REMOVE CHIPS"

It also says to look at the status of Diagnostic R19.0

I doubt the diagnostic bit is the same on your machine, but maybe?

You could take a picture of the inside of the electrical cabinet and maybe we could point out some suspects visually.

You could trace the wires back from the conveyor to the cabinet, maybe find where they go, if there's a breaker in the cabinet.

If you have the manuals, you could figure out where the wires go too, by looking at the wire labels.

Looking at the conveyor on this, it doesn't appear to have a thermal reset switch on the motor. There's no box with breaker inside on this one. I would imagine yours is similar.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

15678708799932532642636630931784.jpg

Here some pictures

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From another view , any good?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here some pictures
    Can't tell exactly from that picture, resolution isn't great. Looks like there might be contactors on the lower right of the encloser (Top right of the picture; the picture is turned 90 degrees).

Do you see anything like what Vancbiker mentioned in his post above?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here some pictures
    Pretty jumbled cabinet. I do not see any contactors on the back wall. Can you get images of what is on the side walls of the cabinet.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is what they look like in my machine, on the lower left-hand side of the cabinet. They are marked MS05 through MS13. When I reset one of mine I can barely tell, the feeling and sound are very faint.

contactors.jpg

18. Likes Vancbiker liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is what they look like in my machine, on the lower left-hand side of the cabinet. They are marked MS05 through MS13. When I reset one of mine I can barely tell, the feeling and sound are very faint.

contactors.jpg
    Notice the "Reset" printed next to the button.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    Notice the "Reset" printed next to the button.
    here some pictures of the electrical cabinet!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190907_204324.jpg   20190907_204335.jpg   20190907_204344.jpg   20190907_204319.jpg   20190907_204315.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Photo 5, second row up from the bottom on the left. You have 5 contactors in a row, press the reset buttons on them while the power is off and see what that does.

There are 2 more to the right of those on the door. I would write down what happened, alarm codes, and what fixed the problem for future reference.

22. Likes Vancbiker liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do you think this will sort the problem out?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do you think this will sort the problem out?
    It will allow you run again as long as you do not use the conveyor. You need to figure out why the conveyor is drawing excessive current and fix that.