What's new
What's new

Running Fanuc function simultaniosly?

Zeeuwse Klei

Plastic
Hey guys,

We run 3 Fanuc-controlled (0i-Mc and Mf I believe) 3-axis machines in a social wokshop.
I built myself a Toolchange-Macro that does a number of things for me. Normally we Always programmed everything by hand (Chipclean/washdown, Chip conveyor and so on) but a misstake is easily made so I am trying to get the machine to do as much as possible for us. Macro's (if they are good…) don't srew up as much as humans do...

Code:
%
O9020(M6 TOOLCHANGE AND TOOLOFFSET)
(PAR 6080=6) 
G90M9(ABSOLUTE/COOLANT OFF)
M51(CHIPCONVEYOR ON) 
M38(CHIPCLEAN ON) 
IF[#500 EQ #4120]GOTO3 
IF[#22 NE 1]GOTO2
G0G53Y0(MOVE TO SAFE POITION)
N2 
G4X0.01(WAIT) 
G91G30Z0M19(TOOLCHANGE POSITION)
G90
G40G49G80(CANCEL CUTTERCOMPENSATION/TOOLLENGHT COMPENSATION/CANNED CYCLE)
T#4120(LAST CALLED TOOL) 
M6 
G4X0.01(WAIT) 
#500=#4120(MACRO-PARAMETER #500 = LAST CALLED TOOL) 
H#500D#500(LOAD MACRO-PARAMETER  IN H AND D)
N3 
IF[#19 EQ 1]GOTO4
M50(CHIPCONVEYOR OFF) 
M39(CHIPCLEAN OFF) 
N4 
G90(ABSOLUUT)
#19=0(MACRO-PARAMETER "S" BACK TO 0)
#22=0(MACRO-PARAMETER "V" BACK TO 0)
M99
%

The macro checks if the called tool is the same as the one in de spindle. If not, it changes the tool, if so, it goes on with the program witout (big) delay. In the first line of the macro it starts the chipconveyor and chipclean/washdown, in the end it stops these functions. The tooloffset-adresses are stored in #500, in our programmes we always use H#500 and D#500, the offset is automatically linked to the current spindle-tool. I am kind of proud, it works pretty well.
If we have aan very long tool we enter "V1" behind the M6 command and the table will move to a safe position, if whe have a big chipload we enter S1 behind the M6 command and the chipconveyor keeps running untill the next toolchange.

Only thing is: if we create loads of chips with only 1 tool it does not ever change tools so does the conveyor/chipclean is not started. I can always stop the conveyor with te stop-command, but it's easily forgotten….

Is there a way to build a timer for the conveyor that keeps the conveyor running for a (programmable) period of time?
Then I would only have to start it at a Toolchange and forget about it.

Kind regards from the Netherlands,
Mark

The easiest way would be a timer relay inline with the coil circuit of the chip conveyor contactor.

To have it use a software timer during concurrent program execution would require it to be in the ladder.

Back