What's new
What's new

Kitamura alarm code 1005 thermal/oil cooler

Fadal Error

Aluminum
I just bought a 2000 Kitamura MyCenter 1 and had it moved about 7 miles. I watched the previous owner power it up and jog it around before I bought it. But now I get a 1005 alarm code thermal/oil cooler on startup. I can't even jog it. I was able to get it to work a couple of times, but I can't repeat it and I don't know what made the difference.

The manual tells me to reset the thermal switch, but I can't even find one for the oil cooler. I'm lost and getting frustrated because my "new" machine is dead on the floor. :confused:

In some setups, the thermal overload for the oil cooler in in the cooler itself, not the main electrical cabinet.

I'd be suspicious that the phase rotation is backward on your incoming power. Get that figured out ASAP. It is bad for the compressor in the cooler to run in reverse.

I couldn't find a thermal overload on the cooler. It even has an alarm light by the switch and it isn't lighting up.

I switched the phase and got a 1004 code saying it was out of phase so I switched it back.

What does the wiring diagram show?

I didn't get much time to look over them. I got it to fire up yesterday. I powered it up and left it for five minutes before turning the control on. It was working fine until I did a tool change. The ATC arm seemed to do a tool change fine with no actual tool holders involved. But it seemed to over rotate and now it is stuck at an angle with one end under the spindle, although not aligned straight. I couldn't figure out what to do with that.

I did find that others have had the same issue and it is supposed to be possible to put the machine in maintenance mode and then jog the arm, but I could not find that in the manuals anywhere. So I had to shut the machine down with the z-axis in tool change position. It is paralyzed once again.

The root of the 1005 alarm ended up being dead backup batteries. There are 3 D cell batteries in the side door. I replaced those and the alarm is gone.

Unfortunately, switching the phase momentarily ran the hydraulic pump backwards and put a bit of air in the system, which may be the issue with the ATC solenoids not activating correctly. At least, that was the theory of one technician that happened to show up with a salesman. I have not had time to mess with it, so it still sits idle.

I talked to Kitamura tech support today. The theory is that the hydraulic pump may be going out. The 1005 alarm shows up right as the hydraulic pump turns on. The tech said that a tool change could cause a sudden pressure drop that would trigger the alarm. I guess these pumps tend to fail because they are always on.

I wish I could clear the code to see if it is just an occasional issue. All I have been able to find regarding clearing the code is holding cancel and p down on startup, but that's not clearing it for me.

I have a Kitamura Mycenter 3x that has had the same problem. A motor contactor for the coolant pump or lube pump was faulty, can’t remember which one now, and the overload tripped immediately putting the machine in 1005. Turned out to be a wire in a cable rubbed through and was shorting. Check all your contactors in the cabinet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2001 Mycenter 1 and no hydraulics. Are you sure yours has it? Any chance it's low air pressure?

When my lube pump motor was dying it would trip the relay and throw the 1005 alarm. Quite simple to figure out which one it was, reset, and good to go for a while. You have to manually reset the relay, no way around it.

I have a 2001 Mycenter 1 and no hydraulics. Are you sure yours has it? Any chance it's low air pressure?

When my lube pump motor was dying it would trip the relay and throw the 1005 alarm. Quite simple to figure out which one it was, reset, and good to go for a while. You have to manually reset the relay, no way around it.

This one definitely has a hydraulic pump. Air pressure could be the problem. I have been intermittenly getting the 1013 alarm regarding the spindle oil air. I am getting enough pressure to the machine, but I have a pretty bad air leak at the top of the spindle. I tried tracking it down one day, but I didn't have much time, so I gave up. That could be the issue.

So it sat for a week or so and I went back to it to continue trying to chase down the air leak. When I turned it on, the 1005 alarm was gone. I'm still getting the 1013 alarm.

I found that the air seems to be leaking from under the drive belt pulley. I'm hesitant to tear it apart any further right now. I will put it all back together and see if the machine will run now that the 1005 alarm is gone.

I put it back together and managed to cycle the ATC in maintenance mode. No alarms, but now I can't home the Z axis. It keeps overtraveling. The home switch is not working. It may have gotten wet when we did the coolant swap. I'm going to take the switch apart to see if it's corroded.

After running fine for a few weeks, it stalled in the middle of a tool change and gave me the 1005 error. I restarted it a few times, but it persisted.

So I shut it all down and powered it back up without starting the control. Let it sit for about half an hour before starting the control. All fine now!

Back