What's new
What's new

Kitamura HX300I ZERO Issues

JackBurton

Plastic
Howdy Gents,
I am having trouble getting my B-axis to zero. I just replaced the respective amplifier(FANUC)

Also, I cannot workout the +x axis overtravel alarm I am getting.

If I go into the system- 1815 B-axis and change bit 3 to a 0 then I receive no errors upon start up.
by putting a 0 in bit 4 I can try and choose a new zero position. B axis however doesn't like my choice and picks a random spot to stop deciding its own zero.

If anyone has experience with these shenanigans, I would appreciate the help.

I have a hx400if (16i-mb) and a h400 (15mb)

I have not yet had to re-home the b axis of the HX400 since it was dropped on our floor about a year ago. But I have had to re-home the H400.

Both the h400 and hx400 have no dog/limit switch on the b axis. Instead, it finds the home pulse pretty much wherever you tell it to. Once you have it homed out once, it will always return to that same home.

So first, check to see if parameter 1005.1 = 1. If it does, there's no dog on your b axis.

I don't have the procedure for a 16i off hand but I assume it is similar to how I have to do the 15:

Turn off 1815 bit 4, and restart the control. It will prompt you to home it out. On a 15b, I turn the control off AGAIN and on AGAIN after seeing the alarm that prompts you to home it. I don't know if you need to do it with the 16i

After it is on for the second time with the alarm, on the 15mb you have to turn the axis around at least one rotation of the servo motor. I actually do a whole rotation of the pallet, and i go both ways. why? because I never am -totally- sure it will work so I go the extra mile.

Then I position the pallet to ALMOST 0. you would want to be around 358 or 359. It is gear ratio dependant, I don't know if the motor is one rev per degree, or what, but you'd want to be just short of zero. Take a sharpie to the rotary so you know where you were when you did it. then do a zero return +.

If it indicates right, bingo! you did it! If you're a few degrees off, try the whole thing again, but try a different "starting point" when you hit the zero return button.

Edit: I forgot we scanned the manual. there's an instruction for it. here's the copypaste below. I would do everything except I would NOT change the grid shift position unless you have a small error when you're done. since you only replaced the amp, the current setting is probably just fine.

In 4 axis/5 axis of this machine, limit switches for zero position return aren't used.
When zero position return is necessary because troubleshooting occurs,excute the following
procedure.
ZERO POINT RETURN PROCEDURE WITH NO LIMIT SWITCH(WITH NO DOG)
I. Check parameters.
N0.1012 bit 0 4 axis/5 axis : 0
(O:Set more than two times when setting reference point with no dog.)
N0.1005 bit 1 4 axis/5 axis : 1
(l:In reference point return mode by manual,
reference point with no dog setting is effective.)
NO. 1002 bi t 3 4 ax i s/5 axis : 0
(0:4 axis/5 axis return to reference point by positioning.)
2. Set 'O' in grid shift amount parameter N0.1850 for axis which returns to zero position.
(Don't change setting value of other axis . )
3. Set 'O' in parameter NO.I815 bit 4 for axis which returns to zero point
4. Turn the power off.
5. Turn the power on again.In this condition, soft over-travel function doesn't work.
Pay attention to excute the following operation.
6. Select the axis to relurn to the zero point by axis select switch.
7. Set jog mode by mode select switch.
8. Move axis to near zero position by (+) direction switch (manual continuance feed).
Move the axis to 10° ....zo· back from zero position.
(Move the axis from zero position to (-)direction, and move it by (+)direction switch.)
9. Set zero position return mode by mode select swtich.
I 0. Push jog (t) switch.
11. The axis stops at zero position automatically. (The position of motor one rotation signal)
12. If the axis is at more than 3° ....4• back from the zero position, push jog (+)switch.
13. The axis stops at next zero position. (The next position of motor one rotation signal
If the axis is at within 2° back from the zero position, adjust the axis by parameter
No.1850(grid shift).
I4. When the zero position is decided,set '1' in parameter No.1815 bit 4 for axis which is
adjusted. Then, zero position is decided.
After zero position is decided, set this parameter. (zero position lamp is turned on.)
-NOTEWhen
doing above-stated '8' (the axis moves),diagnose No.3000 4axis/ 5axis must display
more than 128.
(If the diagnose displays Jess than 128,alarm PS200 occurs at zero position return.)
When changing grid shift during doing above-stated '13' . 'O' is set in PRM 1815.4
Turn the power off.After turning the power off.return the axis to zero position.
(Excute above-stated ' 5' .)
3* THE ABOVE MENTIONED PROCEDURES IS AVAILABLE FROM THE ROM VER.AOl9/AA19.

Back