What's new
What's new

Kitamura Medcenter 5ax

yoke

Hot Rolled
Who here has experience with this machine?

I have a few projects that would fit well into the smallish work envelope of this machine.
30K spindle and full 5th would also be really nice to have on the projects. I would likely be looking to have a 10+ pallet system added as well as up the tool capacity. The standard 4X7' footprint is increasingly appealing.

These are production oriented projects so once they are programmed it should be pretty hands off.

I only really have experience with the Okuma control and have heard there are some issues with the control on this machine. How is chip management? Any clear competitors with an advantage?

No experience with this machine, but thought I’d chime in on a smallish footprint horizontal. When adding the 10 pallet pool on the kit, it increases the footprint quite a bit. I ran a tsugami 5 axis fma5 for awhile and it was my favorite machine in the place. The 8 pallet changer is vertical and integrated into the machine, total footprint was about 12’ by 8’. 10k spindle was standard, but we had a 15k and looks like they’ll now do a 20k. Might be something to consider.

We recently purchased (5) MedCenter 5AX mills. Nice small footprint (all contained), setting up as I write to run small production parts.
Tool changer is very quick with the preselection of next tool( Tools travel from back to front so you have to preselect for best results)
It has two settings for tool change light and heavy(tool weight) but we use light and it is fine. PC based control, touch screen, its ok. But also traditional keyboard built in. Networks with NC Explorer. If all works well we will buy more. There is a Medical Devise company in New Jersey just bought 7 of the MedCenters with pallet changers. You can view them on YTube. Worth the look.

We recently purchased (5) MedCenter 5AX mills. Nice small footprint (all contained), setting up as I write to run small production parts.
Tool changer is very quick with the preselection of next tool( Tools travel from back to front so you have to preselect for best results)
It has two settings for tool change light and heavy(tool weight) but we use light and it is fine. PC based control, touch screen, its ok. But also traditional keyboard built in. Networks with NC Explorer. If all works well we will buy more. There is a Medical Devise company in New Jersey just bought 7 of the MedCenters with pallet changers. You can view them on YTube. Worth the look.
Come back in 6 months and please post a follow up

Been running 5 machines almost a year now and worked out some issues, not major for most shops, but we run 5 axis simultaneous programs and needed to tweak the parameters. Support was very helpful in doing this. They stepped up tp the plate and made them run faster and more accurate and more 5 axis friendly. The post processor from Autodesk PowerMill is key to all this. Needs certain codes to run high speed correctly. More to come.

Back