What's new
What's new

Kiwa Excel 510 - Does a service manual exist?

benkokes

Plastic
I have a '96 Kiwa Excel Colt 510 and it has been a champ! Does a service manual exist for these guys?

If anyone is interested in a trade, I have the user manual, electrical diagrams and ladder diagram...

The Z-axis seems to be dripping way lubricant, so I figure the metering valves need attention..

Thanks!
-Ben

I dont remember the places name but there is a repair shop out of Texas somewhere that has manuals for sale. there pricey 200-500 bucks.
we had the excell 14t21? or something like that (big f'er 70" x axis)
more than likely its not a metering valve that's leaking as they generally don't leak, the line going to it or the manifold is cracked. we replaced the ones out our old excel machine. we ended up replacing all our airlines as well as one broke one week then every week another busted.. there is a lot of solaniod Airlines on those machines. also replace all the exhaust stones before you start having tool change issues.

Thanks for the advice Delw. I couldn't find ANY stones on the unit. What happens when they go bad?

Would you happen to know how the Z-Axis gets lubed? My current distribution block has 7 lines coming out of it, each having a metering fitting. My problem is that the manual indicates a few different flow rates as to the ones that are present ( the manual only gives the quantities, not their location)

Do you know if most Kiwa Z axis columns were built the same?

For future reference: LubeUSA for the win! Apparently my particular Z axis had the wrong flow metering block in one of the positions.

The lube distribution manifold is on the Z-axis , just behind the Spindle motor. The sequence of restriction is as follows:

LubeInput, 1,2,3,3,2,1,1. The 3's go to the largest Z boxway surface, the 2's go to the side and the 1's go to the rear(smallest area). The remaining 1 is for the Z screw bearing block.

Ben, sorry to jump in here with a question to your question, but do you know which leg is the hot leg when wiring the machine at the bottom left hand corner in the rear cabinet?

Thank you!

Hi BJinaTJ,

Since I run a rotary phase converter(RPC), I have been instructed to run the generated leg to the T terminal. So, when the RPC is off, the only two legs that would get juice is the R and T terminals. The terminal locations from cabinet opening toward the back are R -> S -> T.

If you are a Kiwa Colt user, could you please post a picture of your oil distribution block just behind the spindle motor? The little restrictor fittings have different values (stamped in the brass) and they are not indicated in the manual.

Cheers!

It’s part of the operator’s manual.
I have a '96 Kiwa Excel Colt 510 and it has been a champ! Does a service manual exist for these guys?

If anyone is interested in a trade, I have the user manual, electrical diagrams and ladder diagram...

The Z-axis seems to be dripping way lubricant, so I figure the metering valves need attention..

Thanks!
-Ben
It’s part of the operator’s manual.

Attachments

• 064BB965-0BE8-4A5E-B9F9-05AF7B5D786C.jpeg
    064BB965-0BE8-4A5E-B9F9-05AF7B5D786C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 9941DDF7-71E2-43C7-81C9-122C916E31FF.jpeg
    9941DDF7-71E2-43C7-81C9-122C916E31FF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

Back