What's new
What's new

Kurt DX6 Reverse

CNC Farming

Aluminum
Has anyone tried these yet? I see they're available on kurt's website but the picture shows a standard dx6. We pulled the trigger on the genos 560 so we're looking into new vices for it. What's the thoughts on reverse vs standard vices on machines this style?

Hi CNC Farming,
Without know whats getting cut most of the time its hard to say? If it was a horizontal machine, those vises are sweet!!!
You have the hard jaw down at the bottom where the part can rest, and the handle is within reach. The movable jaw is where you want it too.
With the vertical you have, I would have to say standard vise is going to be the best since operator will be pushing the part up against the hard jaw.

I haven't used a reverse vice on a Genos (:drool5:) but in general I prefer the reversed style of vice on a CNC due to the reduced reach-in distance. This may not be a huge advantage due to how close the table gets to the operator with the Genos.

Hey guys. I received the vices a couple weeks ago but we don't have the genos up and running yet...hopefully soon. Here's a couple pics of them on the Junkford. They worked great in there and I think I'm going to really like them on the genos.

Attachments

• IMG_0574.jpg
    IMG_0574.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0575.jpg
    IMG_0575.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0576.jpg
    IMG_0576.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 237
Hey guys. I received the vices a couple weeks ago but we don't have the genos up and running yet...hopefully soon. Here's a couple pics of them on the Junkford. They worked great in there and I think I'm going to really like them on the genos.

I use the 3600 reverse series in my VMCs and I love them. I'm sure you will too.

Reverse vices are a BIG back saver on about any vmc. I have four side-by-side in my Mazak mill, and they literally save about 8" of reach in. Multiply that by thousands of parts over a bunch of years, and that's a LOT less strain on a man's back.

Remember, you have to cut different lengths of the blue seal strips for various clamping positions, to keep as many chips as possible out from the inerds of the vice.

ToolCat

Question on the DX6... Since the screw is secured in the back (traditional position), that means the
screw has to be long enough to go the entire length of the vise, plus stick out, plus stick out for the handle.

Is it possible the only difference between a regular DX6 and a Reverse is that some Schmoe put
the screw in backwards? Are the bearing surfaces on the screw machined to go both ways???

From the way the screw sits, they could easily make a forward/reverse vise VERY easily...

I haven't looked, but does the "reverse" cost more than than the traditional???...

Completely OT, but sort of related.. I scored qty 10 D688 rebuild kits on E-bay for $110.

Back