What's new
What's new

Lack of communication issue 1989 LeBlond Makino Fanuc O-M, something changed

Chevy427z

Stainless
Afternoon folks.

1989 LeBlond Makino 4 axis with a Fanuc 0-M controller. I recently had some work done on the 3 axis drive board in this machine and all of a sudden I am having communication errors, probably completely unrelated, but I am wracking my brain playing with the various settings and getting nowhere.

I have five programs in the controller. When I go to "LIB" to list them, then hit "O1" / delete all that happens is it brings up the next program in line for viewing/running and "NUM O 1" shows at the bottom with the "1" blinking. I can not delete anything at the controller. I can flip through the various programs, too, hitting, say, O2 and down arrow.

I cannot send anything from my software (Vector Cad) to the machine. Again, everything worked fine until the repair work on the board.

Could settings have changed on the repaired board? I'm not sure where to find the comm settings in the controller.

Current settings in my computer are:
COM 1
Baud 9600
Even
RTS/CTS
Flow Control is set to SOFTWARE/HARDWARE, but SOFTWARE alone used to work, too.

Many thanks.

Mark

Would an admin please delete this post. I can't find the delete button. I am so embarrassed. The GD "Program Protect" key was on. It did it's job perfectly. LOL F'n duh!

Mark

Don't feel bad. We've all been there. I did a PEBCAK last week. My forehead's sore from slapping it. ;)

I've never done that. Never ever!

But I have spent a ton of time swapping cables around to make it work. My boss told me he turned the key back to unlock, and it worked after that, but I don't believe him...

Back