State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post

and i am done with this thread
    Well now that worked.

Now that the OP is completely gone, wouldn't be surprised if the OP didn't visit Practical Machinist again, ever. A lot of energy spent running off a stray.

Maybe we need to swallow a proverbial dog? 100 points for the reference.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

......is it normal for that radius to be bigger than the clearance between thread and shoulder ?
    Another stupid argument. Very rarely could this ever possibly be an issue. The actual cutting edge of a threading insert is at the very least a half pitch from the from edge of the insert. Add the .1mm clearance to that and you'll have plenty of room for the tool nose radius on the turning tool.

Better yet, be done trashing this forum!

Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

in attached image, left:
    ... yellow : repetability for | Z_offset_thread_tool - Z_offset_turning_tool | measured at tool senzor
    ... blue : repetability for | Z_offset_thread_tool - Z_offset_turning_tool | measured with increased accuracy, thus not the senzor inside the lathe
    ... azure : ipw
    ... green : tool corections after machining 1st part
    ... red : tolerance for insert crafting and clamping repetability
    ... pink : remanent tolerance for setup stability : less<42%

real clearance will be 0.042, and i have been gentle with numbers, thus values on a sharp lathe

enhancing stability ( attached image, right ) :
    ... turning at Z-40
    ... threading at Z-39.9+[ azure + green + red ]
    ... replacing measuring tools at senzor with more accurate instruments
    ... using a single corection for both tools, example :
    ...... Z offset turning tool :33.219
    ...... Z offset thearing tool :72.494
    ...... editing one of those will change both, thus inputing +0.1 into 33.219, will automatically shift 72.494 to 72.594 and viceversa
    ... pink : remanent tolerance for setup stability : 98%

real clearance will be 0.098

at this point, a good start is achieved, but setup stability will have its word

after a trial period, machining 100 parts, etc, code for thread tool should be changed :

... threading at Z-39.9+[ azure + green + red ] + [ setup_stability ]

setup_stability value can be obtained from statistics on charts of tool corections

considering the medium value = med, setup_stability will be med*coeficient_factor, where coeficient_factor = 1.2, 1.5, 2, etc

at this point, setup stability is achieved

i have not included "palier desyncronization" aspects, which is more important for threading operations, and less important for cilindrical turning operations

some cnc producers make public such values, as being machine dependant constants
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled.jpg  
    Last edited by deadlykitten; 08-16-2017 at 05:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

in attached image, left:
    ... yellow : | Z_offset_thread_tool - Z_offset_turning_tool | measured at tool senzor
    ... blue : | Z_offset_thread_tool - Z_offset_turning_tool | measured with increased accuracy, thus not the senzor inside the lathe

real clearance will be 0.042, and i have been gentle with numbers, thus values on a sharp lathe

... turning at Z-40
    ...... editing one of those will change both, thus inputing +0.1 into 33.219, will automatically shift 72.494 to 72.594 and viceversa

after a trial period, machining 100 parts, etc, code for thread tool should be changed :

setup_stability value can be obtained from statistics on charts of tool corections

considering the medium value = med, setup_stability will be med*coeficient_factor, where coeficient_factor = 1.2, 1.5, 2, etc

i have not included "palier desyncronization" aspects, which is more important for threading operations, and less important for cilindrical turning operations

some cnc producers make public such values, as being machine dependant constants
    Again, another disappointing Post from you. In Post #78 you said
    but here you are back again to woffle on.

Do you really think any Forum Member in the know takes you other than with a pinch of salt? Anyone that would suggest machining a shoulder feature AND thread to the shoulder with the same tool, has shown themselves as knowing extraordinarily little about machining and having infinitesimal experience. That one is amongst your greatest fails; it was really good for a laugh.

As I've suggested in earlier Posts, endeavor to enroll in a machining class for beginners and maybe you will learn some of the fundamentals. However, there is no guarantee with you, that you will learn.

Country
    SOUTH AFRICA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

in attached image, left:
    ... yellow : | Z_offset_thread_tool - Z_offset_turning_tool | measured at tool senzor
    ... blue : | Z_offset_thread_tool - Z_offset_turning_tool | measured with increased accuracy, thus not the senzor inside the lathe

... turning at Z-40

So is all this bullshit that you type on here directly related to the way that you figured out how to thread a donut?

6. Likes litlerob1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NAST555 View Post
    So is all this bullshit that you type on here directly related to the way that you figured out how to thread a donut?
    Hello NAST555,
    I noticed that the Idiot is waxing lyrical about "palier desyncronization" on the Zone. At least he's not polluting just PM with his lack of knowledge, but trying to Fuck Up multiple Forums. He's getting a similar reception there,so it would seem the people at the Zone do have taste.

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

deadlykitten do you machine stuff the way your posts read? Glad i am not getting those items.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by twr View Post
    deadlykitten do you machine stuff the way your posts read? Glad i am not getting those items.
    What can one say; he doesn't know any better. That's what lack of skill does for you.

Regards,

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelw View Post
    Hello NAST555,
    I noticed that the Idiot is waxing lyrical about "palier desyncronization" on the Zone.
    On that forum he is from The "North Pole".

We all know your posting from Romania. North Pole / Aland. You must be really embarrassed to be from Romania?
    What'S up with that?

Post Thanks / Like

That's what lack of skill does for you.
    Somehow he seems to understand the DMF-Tom Syndrome.
    That's made it into public knowledge. Urban Dictionary: DMF Syndrome

Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by machtool View Post
    Somehow he seems to understand the DMF-Tom Syndrome
    dmfTomB is like a gentle giant, he never said nothing bad to nobody ... and here you refference him again

Post Thanks / Like

Give me a minute. I'll work out the syndrome you both suffer from. I know the definition, its basically where you think you know, more than you know.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

15. Likes NAST555, machtool, chucker, litlerob1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On that forum he is from The "North Pole".

We all know your posting from Romania. North Pole / Aland. You must be really embarrassed to be from Romania?
    What'S up with that?
    Hello Phil,
    You know, he may be more patriotic than you give him credit for. If he were to excluded himself from Romanian statistics, the IQ of the country would improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Booze Daily View Post
    The prize is yours BD; you nailed it!

Regards,

Bill

17. Likes Vancbiker, chucker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Booze Daily View Post
    I have a son 24 year old, that will be a PHD doctor of Neuroscience, just beyond this time next year. Fully funded scholarship. In his research of the brain. I've proffered, if he happen's to find any thing worth a paper. He should call it the Larue - Kitten effect. I'm not kidding about that. Fellows and scholars | The Brain Dialogue

Post Thanks / Like

dmfTomB is like a gentle giant, he never said nothing bad to nobody ... and here you refference him again
    You have a point. I should try harder not, to pick on the intellectually challenged like You & Tom. Despite your being more often WRONG and dangerous advise's.

We should just let that slide? I regret to inform you, many of the members here have hard graft, earned here by years of contribution. Your random thought farts, will never, never outweigh those.

That's the wealth of our forum. Free resources. I wish you would STOP trying to devalue the place. Think about it like a stock market. It was worth $1.00 per share, until you joined. Now its about $0.66 And our shares are plummeting.

Please Fuck off.

Best regards Phil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

in attached image, left:
    ... yellow : repetability for | Z_offset_thread_tool - Z_offset_turning_tool | measured at tool senzor
    ... blue : repetability for | Z_offset_thread_tool - Z_offset_turning_tool | measured with increased accuracy, thus not the senzor inside the lathe

... turning at Z-40

Forget the "palier desyncronization" aspects, your chart doesn't incorporate the "Brain Dead Factor" of trying to use the one tool (one Insert) to machine the shoulder feature and Thread close to shoulder feature.

You have brought joy to some lives, you may be pleased to know. I emailed copies of your Post suggesting the single insert for turning and threading to a shoulder to all my clients. Laugh, I can't shut the bastards up.

Post Thanks / Like

Forget the "palier desyncronization" aspects, your chart doesn't incorporate the "Brain Dead Factor" of trying to use the one tool (one Insert) to machine the shoulder feature and Thread close to shoulder feature.

You have brought joy to some lives, you may be pleased to know. I emailed copies of your Post suggesting the single insert for turning and threading to a shoulder to all my clients. Laugh, I can't shut the bastards up.
    Steady on Bill.
    You must have missed.
    I'm all for a good start, or was that a good set up, or a good stability, or a good word. Stuff it I'm lost. I'm not sure who cum's first.

palier desyncronization almost make's more sence.

Phil.

P.S Try the shrimp in the Buffet.

Bill & Phil in Vegas. We will be here all night..Boom boom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a son 24 year old, that will be a PHD doctor of Neuroscience, just beyond this time next year. Fully funded scholarship. In his research of the brain. I've proffered, if he happen's to find any thing worth a paper. He should call it the Larue - Kitten effect. I'm not kidding about that. Fellows and scholars | The Brain Dialogue
    Phil,

That's really something to be proud of! Good for him!

Brent

23. Likes machtool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I noticed that the Idiot is waxing lyrical about "palier desyncronization" on the Zone.
    He has 1,590 posts over there.

Head office is asleep at the wheel. They cant have forgotten the Abene issue of 1998.
    He has a place to go, just ban him from this one. Please.