What's new
What's new

Lathe Wobble

Goldenleaf717

Plastic
Hello iam currently working on a mazak intergrex 100. i have a 6 in chuck and iam getting a wobble. iam using 2 in hard jaws and gripping at a 1in ( and a 1.5in ) delrin rod. I been running a few test and iam getting some vibrations when I do a bar out every time. its always at the beginning of a piece and its always at the same location . I changed the tool , insert , checked the jaws, replace the jaws, greased it.iam running out of ideas. will post pictures of test piece later
thank you in advance

are you running a long bar and using a puller to advance it ? if so you probably need a ring spacer or tube in your spindle to help center the stock to the the spindle I.D.

Hello iam currently working on a mazak intergrex 100. i have a 6 in chuck and iam getting a wobble. iam using 2 in hard jaws and gripping at a 1in ( and a 1.5in ) delrin rod. I been running a few test and iam getting some vibrations when I do a bar out every time. its always at the beginning of a piece and its always at the same location . I changed the tool , insert , checked the jaws, replace the jaws, greased it.iam running out of ideas. will post pictures of test piece later
thank you in advance

Pics and video etc. anything would be greatly appreciated !

BTW which version of the i-100 do you have ?

They have an S (counter spindle),

A Bartac large bore ,

and

ST / TS one with lower turret and also slightly different Z travels .

:cheers:

Back