What's new
What's new

Learning the Hurco Ultimax II Conversational Controls?

KTapply

Aluminum
I know this is most likely a long shot... Is someone interested in a paid engagement to teach me the basics of the Hurco Ultimax II control?

I have been operating a manual mill for 5+ years and am familiar with basic to intermediate milling principles. I am a newbie to CNC of any sort. I am sure that many of you will say "Why to start with conversational controls rather than go directly to CAD/CAM such as Fusion360 or another and quite frankly that's the decision I have been struggling most with. I have landed on beginning with learning the conversational control so that I can build a basic understanding of the machine function and setup and then move along to CAD/CAM.

Unless you are based in the Denver area the training would have to be virtual (Zoom/FaceTime/Hangouts)...

As I said, it's a long shot.

Thanks,

Kevin Tapply
Golden Colorado

My machine runs a super old version of the Ultimax II control and cannot be upgraded. It uses the 2-screen conversational control. Thanks Though...

Suggest you contact Midwest CNC and ask if they have any old Hurco Training Materials available. Have you done an on line search for Ultimax manuals? Suggest you simply start reading and playing- if you find someone all the better!

My machine runs a super old version of the Ultimax II control and cannot be upgraded. It uses the 2-screen conversational control. Thanks Though...

Many (most) of the fundamental concepts of Hurcos conversational have not changed significantly over that time. You will have some quality of life features that don't exist on your old control, but most of what you learn on the winmax will still apply on the old max 2.

Do you have the programming manual? An ultimax 2 hurco was my second ever cnc machine and my first cnc mill. It was a long time ago, but as I recall the programming manual that came with the machine was the only resource I had and I know it didn't take me long to get up and running with it.

edit* I think this is the correct manual, it's not actually the same as mine now that I look. Maybe ask the seller to show you a few pages to make sure.

This is the manual you need:
HURCO ULTIMAX II PROGRAMMING/OPERATION MANUAL_704-0001-375_7040001375_REV B | eBay

I was able to get in touch with Dave Price at Midwest CNC. As you suggested he does have the training documents for the Ultimax controls. I am working now to get these from them. Thank you for the suggestion.

Back