What's new
What's new

Learning Mazatroll markIV trough Matrix2... Help needed, please.

Jaija

Plastic
I´m in in between a rock and a hard place, but in a positive way.

The situation is as follows:

I´m a student looking for a job as a cnc machinist. An opportunity opened up to work in a good company with 5 axis Mazak Integrex machines. They are willing to teach me, but want to see that I know the basics. So I have to make a simple part with some b-axis operations. My school has a Integrex i200 that nobody knows how to use. (Don´t ask about the situation in the school. It´s complicated and at the moment there´s basically no education what so ever for me.) I´m learning trough books and it´s really hard when there´s the 5th axis involved. I´m a quite clever guy though so I´ll manage...

I was happy to find Mazak Programming workbook online and thought "Finally something clear and concrete to practise with". I printed paper copies for me to work on the machine, but after typing in 3 programs and wondering why they don´t simulate properly I realized the book is for MarkIV machines. In the company they have those, but the machine I have for practicing is Integrex i200 with Matrix 2 control.

Does anyone have any idea of sample programs for the Matrix2 control? The book for the MarkIV is perfect for learning. I has a drawing and the program. And it has loads of examples. That´s all I need. Drawing and a program. Even a photo of a part drawing and a photo of the program would help me so much.

The exercises for the markIV are good for me too, but they have some major differences for controlling the b-axis and I can´t get my head around it without seeing some programs made with Matrix2.

Thousand thanks in advance for anyone who could help me. In the meantime I´ll dive right in to the very complicated and frustrating world of Mazak programming manuals.

- Jari -

Back