What's new
What's new

Left hand cut 3FL endmill source

SeymourDumore

Diamond
Guys

Does anyone know if there is such thing as a left hand 3FL endmill?
Found 3fl - left hand down-cut router bits and 4fl left hand endmills, but nothing in 3FL.

Don't know about the router bits on AL extrusions, though the down-cut might help, while the 4fluters will likely load up as I can't
use coolant or oil, just a light spray of Kerosene.

That first link Janco appears to have 0 availability, while the 2nd one might be something though I wish they were single ended and a bit longer.

The ones Harvey has are left spiral - right hand cut, basically a down-cut.

I need a true left hand cut for thin wall extrusions and need to push the material into the fixture.
The concept works as I've tested it with a standard endmill by mirroring the profile, so all I need now is the left-cut tool.

Don't they make 'downcut' endmills? Not necessarily LH flute/cut, but have a wiper or something? Just asking, I don't know... :confused:

I can get you a lefthander---but the weldon flat will be on the Flutes, if that's okay. I'll make a couple. $80 each plus shipping.

R

I have a bunch they are high speed most have a corner radius. Stuff from Boeing
Let me know if interested I can dig them up and get pics
Thanks Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got some from Kodiak Cutting Tool a couple of years ago. If I remember correctly, I had identical tools ground in both left and right hand cut for doing mirror images on a composite part. I don't remember the price or lead time being prohibitive and that vendor was very good to work with.

We have some Kennametal 1/4" 2-flute left hand end mills we had made several years ago. I'll sell you one or a few if it will help you out.

Guys, thank you for the replies.

I've got in a couple of 4 fluters to test out the concept, and it worked.
Obviously didn't push them as hard as a 3 or 2fl could have been, but it was a test.

In the meantime I did find out that just about any of the typical players can and will make a 3 fl LH/LH tool, most in less than 5 days.

So, now I'm submitting the quote for the parts, and if I get it I'll have time to order the custom endmills.

Thanks again

Back