What's new
What's new

Line of code for MDI of Nikken 5 axis table movement ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
On 2012 Brother drill tap.....A and B axis, how to test rotary and tilt axis at less than rapid feed rates in MDI ? Preface G code to F code, if so, which G code number ? Also anyone happen to know the "release brake" code for the A and B axis ? (to confirm worm gear backlash is in tolerance)

You should be able to look at the signal mapping, but I'd be guessing M440/M441 for the rotary and M442/M443 for the tilt. (Even number is ON, Odd number is OFF).

I'm trying to remember how to get to signal mapping on a C control.....and drawing a blank. I think it is Data Bank, User Param, Input/Output.....but not sure and I'd have to be standing in front of one to really remember. If I get time today I'll look if nobody else posts.

As for the MDI code, just a good 'ol G1 A30. B20. F3000 in MDI should suffice. (Deg / Min feed rate)

You should be able to look at the signal mapping, but I'd be guessing M440/M441 for the rotary and M442/M443 for the tilt. (Even number is ON, Odd number is OFF).

I'm trying to remember how to get to signal mapping on a C control.....and drawing a blank. I think it is Data Bank, User Param, Input/Output.....but not sure and I'd have to be standing in front of one to really remember. If I get time today I'll look if nobody else posts.

As for the MDI code, just a good 'ol G1 A30. B20. F3000 in MDI should suffice. (Deg / Min feed rate)
Thanks Tony. MDI of A works perfectly just with A-170; cycle start (for rotary to go 170 degrees, for example...same deal with B axis except on that one to go to 90 degrees for example, use B90;

But of course feed rate is rapid with that simplistic code and I want to slow them down to have time to check for brake/unbrake air leaks as they move.

I'm assuming Fanuc control. 4th axis M10-Clamp M11-Unclamp, 5th axis M38-clamp M39-unclamp. Rotary feeds are usually in degrees per minute so I don't think G1 will matter. G93 is inverse time feed.

Paul

I'm assuming Fanuc control. 4th axis M10-Clamp M11-Unclamp, 5th axis M38-clamp M39-unclamp. Rotary feeds are usually in degrees per minute so I don't think G1 will matter. G93 is inverse time feed.

Paul
Seeing as I said "Brother" right off the bat, that would be a curious assumption

Thanks Tony. MDI of A works perfectly just with A-170; cycle start (for rotary to go 170 degrees, for example...same deal with B axis except on that one to go to 90 degrees for example, use B90;

But of course feed rate is rapid with that simplistic code and I want to slow them down to have time to check for brake/unbrake air leaks as they move.

It'll run a block of code the same in MDI as if you had it in a program, so just program the G1 A170. B90. F1000 or whatever feed rate you need.

I often use G0 G53 A0. B-90. X0. Y0. to send axis to home (provided Z is up) in MDI mode. (My tilt is set up to go +10 to -120)

It'll run a block of code the same in MDI as if you had it in a program, so just program the G1 A170. B90. F1000 or whatever feed rate you need.

I often use G0 G53 A0. B-90. X0. Y0. to send axis to home (provided Z is up) in MDI mode. (My tilt is set up to go +10 to -120)
This brings up a curiosity....wonder why I have to program a negative number for A axis to get to the angle specified on the analog scale of the rotary tables (this is a 5AX-120 model with dual tables) but on the tilt (B) a positive 90 will get me to 90 on the scale.

This Brother was originally set up for a 5AX-130 with single table, so I wonder if it's something in the parameters that is not the same for the 120 model ?

This brings up a curiosity....wonder why I have to program a negative number for A axis to get to the angle specified on the analog scale of the rotary tables (this is a 5AX-120 model with dual tables) but on the tilt (B) a positive 90 will get me to 90 on the scale.

This Brother was originally set up for a 5AX-130 with single table, so I wonder if it's something in the parameters that is not the same for the 120 model ?

It is parameters. and it depends on which way the tilt is facing along the axis center line as to whether it goes + or -. There is a standard convention.

I also was incorrect above, my tilt actually goes +120 to -120. (Sankyo DTS10 roller drive)

Back