What's new
What's new

Live tooling codes help please

JBCENG

Plastic
Any advice will be grate fully accepted!

I am looking for some example codes which could be used to control the live tooling on my Kia lathe 1993 with Yasnac Lx3.

I can make the tooling spin with the below code however I can't control the speed. It always spins at the same slow speed.

Here is what I have tried unsuccessfully.

M300 (ENGAGE "MILLING MODE")
M13 S2000 (SPINDLE CLOCKWISE, SPEED 2000 RPM - THE RPM COMMAND DOESN'T WORK FOR ME)
(MOVEMENT COMMANDS)
M15 (LIVE TOOLING STOP)

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Total shot in the dark, but could it be geared too low? Need to know at least approximately how fast the Tools are turning, like 10 RPM or 100?

So, this is just a stab in the dark, but is your chuck closed? The machine may not like the live tools coming to speed with an open chuck. A Mitsubishi controlled Swiss machine will not spin either of the spindles over about 50RPM if they are not closed, regardless of commanded speed.

Hi Guys!

Thank you very much!

I will be back in the shop tomorrow and will confirm G97 ( I think I have tried using G97/G96 - however it can be quite late at night and perhaps I have forgotten.

In terms of the actual speed it is running my estimate is a consistent 100 rpm no matter what speed I call in MDI (will check tomorrow with a digital tacho)

Some of the old programs in the control use speed commands as per my first post however they all end up running 100rpm(approx) no matter what is called. Is it possible there is some kind of lock out?

Like wise I will confirm the jaws of the chuck are closed

Thanks again for the advice!

Will report back tomorrow

Cheers George

Back