Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Live tooling driver out of alignment on duplamatic turret vdi30 din 1809

Hello guys,

I am here with another problem , all started from a rattling noise with live tooling, although all running made me suspicious.

I had the front and rear bearing of the live tooling driver shaft replaced yesterday, I went to to test it at slow speed and as soon I started spinning the live tool it jogged the turret, so to clarify , the same turning tool which was perfectly align with the headstock center line is now above the center line something like 1mm (0.040").

I know I will have now to realign the turret which I can easily do, butIs there a way to align the live tool driver.

Configuration wise , the live tooling driver shaft locates on the rear part of the turret , and on the back it's fixed on a small plate with 2 screws with a line which I believe it identifies the orientation of the live tool driver.

Any help is appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

not sure of the exact turret you have , but on the duplomatic I have there's a allen plug on the side of the casting that's an access to the live driver clamp. loosen to adjust then re-tighten.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I assume you clocked the driver to the same position when you reinstalled it? If not, the slot on the tool driver won't line up to allow turret rotation.
    You can't adjust the driver. It is pinned to the Mounting plate which is pinned to the Turret. You can loosen the bolts holding on the tool disc and rotate the disc slightly to align the tool centerline with the spindle centerline. If this puts the driver to far off the centerlne ( Makes it rattle badly), You'll have to shim the turret to get all three in line.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tedger View Post
    I assume you clocked the driver to the same position when you reinstalled it? If not, the slot on the tool driver won't line up to allow turret rotation.
    You can't adjust the driver. It is pinned to the Mounting plate which is pinned to the Turret. You can loosen the bolts holding on the tool disc and rotate the disc slightly to align the tool centerline with the spindle centerline. If this puts the driver to far off the centerlne ( Makes it rattle badly), You'll have to shim the turret to get all three in line.
    Hello guys!

Thanks for the replies , I just realised I had people replying this thread!

Both of you are right , the turret is a duplomatic 1809 , It does rattle a bit , so where will I need to shim the turret then , I believe it is actually not mega far from center , but it would definetely benefit from an alignment!

Thanks!