What's new
What's new

LNS Turbo HB chip conveyor issues

Mpbrix92

Plastic
Good morning ladies and gentleman, this is my first post to the forum so forgive me if this is a redundant topic. I am working in tool and die and a few months back our company purchased an Okuma 560V and although its a great machine it certainly has some flaws. However my biggest concern is with the LNS Turbo chip conveyor that's hooked up to the machine, it seems like when i run it the coolant doesn't drain properly and then I end up putting more coolant in my chip bin than metal. It has an adjustable speed and maybe other features that I don't know about but if anyone has experienced the same issue and has an idea i would be glad to hear what yall got, Thanks IN Advance!

If you can run it via M codes, you just move it ahead X amount each cycle and let it set.

If it is just always on, then you run it as slow as possible - without it getting stuck.

My experience is that you are best served to replace the chain sprockets with 1/8 mile gearing for this porpoise.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Good morning ladies and gentleman, this is my first post to the forum so forgive me if this is a redundant topic. I am working in tool and die and a few months back our company purchased an Okuma 560V and although its a great machine it certainly has some flaws. However my biggest concern is with the LNS Turbo chip conveyor that's hooked up to the machine, it seems like when i run it the coolant doesn't drain properly and then I end up putting more coolant in my chip bin than metal. It has an adjustable speed and maybe other features that I don't know about but if anyone has experienced the same issue and has an idea i would be glad to hear what yall got, Thanks IN Advance!

Does that conveyor have drain holes?
You could also get an air knife that might be able to blow excess coolant back into the return part of the belt.

If your control does not have the ability to have an run and wait interval, wire in an timer relay and let it run long enough to get the chips into the incline, then stop to let them drain.

Back