What's new
What's new

Local Repair Technician - Charlotte, NC Area

ME Newb

Aluminum
I'm looking for a good local repair technician in the Charlotte, NC area. Mitsubishi or Mazak techs are outrageous and you gotta pay whether they fix it or not. I have a 96 Mazak SQT 18MS with a thermal trip that I haven't been able to locate, tired of looking/can't figure it out & don't have time to screw with it. Thanks

My thoughts are that if you need an expert, then you pay an expert's rate, even if one of his hours costs twice what you charge out at. Your/My broken machine is not skin off anyone's ass but yours/mine, and why should anyone show up and volunteer their time at their own risk? If they did, I'd expect them to charge double what an hourly guy would, it only makes sense. The alternative is to become your own expert, at least so far as you can narrow down the problem to a definable area that you could ask trouble shooting questions about on this website.

..... and you gotta pay whether they fix it or not.

They have a boss that needs to see billings. Sadly the skill level of a huge number of "factory" techs is pretty low. It's a tough job. Too much travel. Lots of guys will do it for a few years then go do something else.

During the 9 years I did field service, I would not charge if I could not fix or at least identify a customers machine trouble. Sometimes I would identify the problem and let the customer know what it was going to take for a full repair and they would decline to have it done. Those I would bill.

A guy named Steve Webb is a great Mazak independent service tech, lives somewhere around Charlotte I believe.

I don't have his contact into, maybe a Google search, or even ask Mazak distributor...?

Also, a guy named Larry Greene services Mazak's, he's in the tidewater (Hampton Roads) area of Virginia.

Back