What's new
What's new

conquest electrical diagram

upm2019

Aluminum
Just purchased a hardinge Conquest 42 at auction . It came without any documentation it has a fanuc ot-c control . it seems like every thing will work if I can get it to zero return I can get to the point where yo home the slides and nothing moves . No alarms so I think it's looking for something but don't know which diagnostic to look at as I don't have that info . Any help would be appreciated
Thanks,
Pete

Mine requires that you move both slides negative after powerup for a specific distance before it will enter ZRN mode. Which it does automatically. Then you just send X followed by Z positive. It does the homing by itself after you tap X+ or Z+

Even if you are not parked near the decel dog.

This can trap you if you leave the axes in the wrong place at shutdown.

If the turret is too close to the chuck you can hold e stop reset button, to move the turret x positive and z positive. I move the z axis about 3-4” negative, then X negative until it stops. Then x positive and z positive like the post above described.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried that but when it gets to the point of x plus z plus it doesn’t move again no alarms which leads me to believe it’s looking for some thing before it will move

So it moves X and Z in the positive direction, by itself after tapping the buttons? But you get neither home pos LEDs or an overtravel?

I can move it in the minus direction both x & z but to move in plus I need to hold the ot button . I have done this several times as you have to move the turret at least 1inch in minus and x in minus until it stops for the zero light to turn on . thats when it should go home . which it doesn't no alarms . I've done this several times thats how I know it moves both directions. also the tail stock does not move

Pete

Is the tailstock home led lit?
I dont use my tailstock, it is always at homepos. So I cannot speak to that. But I would venture a guess that is your problem.
I know you have to hold two buttons to get it to come forward, maybe?
What is the pressure set to?

the tail stock is not home the hold led is on if i press t plus the light comes on and pressure goes up to about 500 lb but no movement if I press t minus no led and no movement . Also I should note the actual tailstock was removed from the slide I don't think that should be a problem as it looks as though it justs bolts on . }ooking at the way covers it looks like it could go back quitte a bit .

i tried it over lunch. T home must be lit to get the slides to ZRN. It goes home just by pressing T-right alone. To move it towards spindle requires T left button plus the rapid traverse button below it simultaneously.

I tried like you said the t minus light comes on but nothing moves I can hear the soleniods when I push the buttons the pressure goes up but no movement . Is there a way to lock the slide in position ? or maybe the cylinder is stuck . I am going to turn off the machine and disconnect the hydralic lines and see if it moves good idea or not ?

We opened up the slide to disconnect the hydralics and surprise someone removed the cylinder thus no movement pushed te slide all the way over light came on machine zeroed out . I never would have thought someone would do that and then put every screw back in . Thanks to all who helped .
Pete

welp
View attachment 291976

Do you still have the morse taper adapter? If so, would you want to sell it?

I sold an eccentric Morse sleeve for a T42 over a year ago on eBay. I have two T51 lathes but not a 42. Ended up finding a pair of sleeves, one for a 42 and the other for a 51 that i needed., on eBay. You might check eBay again. The keyword in the listing I purchased was nothing at all describing the bushings for the tailstock. I got lucky really. Hardinge quoted 1200 for that bushing with a 4 month lead time if I recall correct for a t51

I have been looking on the bay on and off. Hardinge has one for a T42 in stock for 800. I imagine they are the same for a CS42.

I have thought of just making one. From 17-4 or something. Having never seen one myself, could you tell me how far off center the tapered hole is?

I guess the matchmark-0 lines up concentric with the spindle? And the bumper surface is supposed to be parallel to Z? My tailstock was also removed like the OPs.

I remember the 42 is smaller and is also Morse taper 3, the 51 is Morse taper 4. Before I found the bushings on eBay, I had planned on buying a straight shank Morse taper adapter, turn a female Morse arbor, then seat the straight adapter on that in a 4 jaw. Then just offset it. Just off memory, I think the t51 bushing is eccentric by .010-.015”

Back