What's new
What's new

Looking for dimensions for 30 taper Big-Plus spindle nose

I looked but found nothing online. Just hoping it would be on the internet somewhere, you know, easy to access on a weekend.

barbter responded in a post recently that there should be a 1mm ring around the spindle and 1mm added to the flange of the tool holder. Or 2mm gap between the spindle nose and tool holder flange on a non dual contact setup.

Specifics of the spindle nose, like how high the ridge that seats the tool holder should be above the rest of the spindle nose? I measure .039" on mine. I am wondering if that step height is noted in the Big-Plus design. Let's just say this is not the first rebuild on my spindle and there is too large a gap between my dual contact tool holders and the spindle, which is also dual contact, and I am trying to find out where the error lies.

Big Daishowa states 20 micron, so .0008", but I would expect it to be different for a 30 vs 50 taper and they don't specify. The gap is pretty big. I am wondering if a previous rebuilder ground too much off to ever use again hence wondering if the step height on the nose is called out?

Last edited:

Back