What's new
What's new

Looking for Erickson QC 30 Tool Holders-Tree Journeyman 250

mhansen

Plastic
Greetings All,

I'm continuing down the rabbit hole with getting my 95' Tree Journeyman 250 up and running and I currently only have 1 tool holder which is a Erickson Quick Change 30, which I am told Erickson is no longer supported by Kennemetal. That said, does anybody know where I could find tool holders that would fit in this electromagnetic chuck set up? I see some on Ebay (not sure if they're a correct match), but I didn't know if there was somewhere that would make a direct fit for my machine?

Greetings All,

I'm continuing down the rabbit hole with getting my 95' Tree Journeyman 250 up and running and I currently only have 1 tool holder which is a Erickson Quick Change 30, which I am told Erickson is no longer supported by Kennemetal. That said, does anybody know where I could find tool holders that would fit in this electromagnetic chuck set up? I see some on Ebay (not sure if they're a correct match), but I didn't know if there was somewhere that would make a direct fit for my machine?

Erickson is a Kennametal brand is most certainly still supported. Now that said, Quick Change 30 spindles should have been able to accept Erickson NMTB30 holders. Other manufacturers, possibly not due to g/l to flange differences. I do not believe Kennametal still has NMTB shanks in the standard offering anymore.

I have a variety of endmill holders and tg75 collet chucks I would part with from a j325. Make me an offer through PM.

Thank you

Erickson is a Kennametal brand is most certainly still supported. Now that said, Quick Change 30 spindles should have been able to accept Erickson NMTB30 holders. Other manufacturers, possibly not due to g/l to flange differences. I do not believe Kennametal still has NMTB shanks in the standard offering anymore.

I contacted Kennemetal and they said they no longer support QC tooling from erickson and do not make anything that would be a fit.

Bison made/make QC30 holders, I got some a while back when I was going to be getting a Bridgeport Interact with the QC30 system.

Not sure how much help this is but both of these tooling suppliers ship to the US afaik and I've used both, I order from Rotagrip quite regually,

Rotagrip - QC Interact

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/glostertooling?_bkw=QC30

Obviously if you can source the Bison tooling in the US that would be better, but at least it gives you some options other than used.

Back