What's new
What's new

Looking for info on Mazak Qt-15

peninsula

Aluminum
I am looking at a qt-15 with mazatrol cam t2 control. I have no experience with the control. How easy is it to work with and what featured does it have? Is he machine easy to set up. This is an older machine. Do they still support it and are parts available?

I have a 1988 QT 15 with cam t2 control and it is still running. It probably runs 30-35 hours per week, and it has been a work horse in my shop for the last 12 years. I would consider it very easy to work with and set up after you get over the learning curve. Plenty of help available here if you need it, and you probably will at first.
As far as I know, parts are still available. I put a new Mitsubishi drive in mine about 2 years ago.

Thanks! that's the same year I am looking at.

I have a 1988 QT 15 with cam t2 control and it is still running. It probably runs 30-35 hours per week, and it has been a work horse in my shop for the last 12 years. I would consider it very easy to work with and set up after you get over the learning curve. Plenty of help available here if you need it, and you probably will at first.
As far as I know, parts are still available. I put a new Mitsubishi drive in mine about 2 years ago.

You can't go wrong with a QT15, of any vintage. I have (2) '88 QT15's, (1) '85 QT10N, (1) '85 QT20N, all with the T-2 control. They are fast, accurate, easy-as-pie to program and set up. They just run and run and run.

The most common problem with the machines is blown spindle and servo drives, which are made and repaired by Mitsubishi Electric. Chances are you will get a lot of years out of the machine before losing a drive, but if you do, plan on about 1500 to rebuild the servo drive, 2500 for the spindle drive.

Mechanically the QT15's are rock solid, with powerful servo and spindle motors, and large ballscrews that will easily push any drill you throw at it.

And like Dave said, us Mazakers are here to help.

Catman

I know that this is a really old lost but can one of you send me pictures of the parameter pages so I can get mine running again

Back