What's new
What's new

Looking for Mist Collector

Lost in LA

Cast Iron
I need a mist collector on a small CNC lathe. The enclosed volume is about 35 cubic feet. I am using soluble oil and cut mostly low carbon steel. I use low pressure coolant.

I think a electrostatic unit would be the lowest cost but a mechanical one like Filter mist would also work.
I need recommendations.

Thanks
John

I had a MistBuster on two Hardinge CNC lathes, worked great. They go for $2k new, but found the on ebay for a third of that.

About 10 years ago I bought 2 Filtermist units. At that time they seemed like the best bang for the buck by a pretty big margin. They work well, and can also catch smoke if you buy the HEPA after filter.

I recently bought a Brother drill and tap machine that is fitted with a Mist Buster. It also seems good, although we haven't really pushed the machine yet.

I got two Filtermist units off Ebay. Clean them up, installed new filters....they work great. I have one on a Haas SL-20 and the other on a SL-30..you must size them correctly. I'm running oil in both machines so I got the Filtermist to get rid of the smoke.

Mist Collector Manufacturer

Hi John,

My name is Rob, Applications Engineer for AER Control Systems, we manufacture Mist Collectors, formerly Aercology. Check out our website, AER Control Systems. Phone is 866-265-2372

The best and most efficient low cost mist collector for your application would be our Centrifugal Mist Collector, similar to the Filtermist, but more efficient. Electrostatic type units are very expensive to purchase and require a great deal of maintenance. We also make units similar to the Airflow units.

What is your door opening size?

Give me a call if you would like to discuss?

Thanks,

Rob

Donaldson Torit WSO

You want a Donaldson Torit WSO. I wouldn't recommend anything else. I have replaced so many cheap units on CNC machines that just don't collect or filter the mist effectively. You don't want to waste your money on a low grade unit and have sub par results. Take a look at our site and shoot me an email. I would be more than happy to get some PDF's in-front of you of some options.

Pollution Control Systems effective solutions for all manufacturing air quality concerns

http://www.pollutioncontrolsys.com

Thanks,
Brennen

I need a mist collector on a small CNC lathe. The enclosed volume is about 35 cubic feet. I am using soluble oil and cut mostly low carbon steel. I use low pressure coolant.

I think a electrostatic unit would be the lowest cost but a mechanical one like Filter mist would also work.
I need recommendations.

Thanks
John

Bringing this to the top. Is there any up to date info available for making the decision about what type of mist collector to buy?

thanks

Question for those of you out there that have Mistbusters on there equipment. How often are you having to clean the cells in the units? We have 14 in house in our facility and know how often we are cleaning. Just curious what everyone else is seeing.

You basically have three types of mist collectors to chose from, one is the centrifugal, good for cutting, not grinding. The second is electrostatics, good for oily smoke, does require maintenance to have them run efficiently. The last are mist collectors which use a variety of throwaway filter media, the standard filter media is the fiberglass which captures the particulate and allows the mist to drain. Filters are low cost to replace. Other filter media which is expensive to replace is the fiberbed media, very dense media. AER Control Systems manufactures all but the electrostatic mist collector. Contact AER Control Systems at 866-265-2372 and ask for Rob, I would be happy to discuss all these options with you.

AER Rob, you realize that by dredging up years old threads to spam your wares will not gain you customers and will probably get you banned.

Back