What's new
What's new

Looking for someone with a centroid 5 axis or equal, interested in machining

TonyV

Plastic
Hi, im looking for someone who would be interested in doing some 5 axis machining work. Basically what im looking to be machined is aluminum and just trimmed off material, the dimensions are roughly 17" high, 10" wide and 6" deep.
Preferably someone on the east coast would be ideal but not that important.
Send me a message and i can get into greater detail of what im looking for.
Thanks
Tony

The problem with your post is that you didn’t give enough detail on the part, a drawing or part file would help immensely
The second issue is that you mentioned Centroid, which is a CNC conversion not typically used by production shops, so most people are probably not taking you seriously and possibly making the incorrect assumption that you are a homeshop guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I put this post up with general info, i can get into greater detail if someone sends me their contact info. Most of the work that im looking to have done is mostly preformed by a centriod, but not necessarily needed to be done on one. My Haas VM2 5 axis can not do it without being really creative.

Centroid is a control, not a machine.
You actually own a VM2? You don't have enough Z over the trunion?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

the centroid a560 or a590 machines as to what i was referring to. With my trunnion i dont have enough room, so was looking for another shop that was capable

I have actually heard of those head porting machines recently.
I've also heard that they aren't known to be built real well.

---------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back