What's new
What's new

Looking for something that plays recording when M code is executed? Does it exist?

dandrummerman21

Stainless
We recently got a newer horizontal machine.

On another horizontal, we have wired in a buzzer (sounds more like a whistle, annoying as hell) that activates when the pallet seat air blast comes on.

On yet another pallet change machine (vertical), I have an M-code powered buzzer that we fire maybe 10 seconds before the cycle is done on single pallet programs, and during the change on doubles.

And yet other machines pallet changes make such distinct sounds that you know it's done.

But this one? The pallet change is QUIET. No idea it is happening.

I want to do away with the annoying buzzers if possible, and was wondering if there was something to hook up to M-code that plays a recording or other programmable/custom sound? I could record "Hey dumbass, your machine just changed pallets" or something similar?

(I imagine hearing that particular message would get old fast, but you get the idea).

I have no idea what to google for to get such a thing, yet it seems like it should exist. Machine probably has 24vdc

I don't know off hand, but if you have spare M codes, and a speaker, I would guess so?

Haas integrates that into the NGC with M130, to play a video or display a picture\message, I assume if you can do video it has audio as well.

Aha, recordable horn and programmable / recordable annunciator. Those were the type of terms I was struggling to come up with.

Seems there'll be a few among these searches that will be cheap and simple enough. Gonna look harder later.

I wanted to do something similar awhile back, but for stupid reasons. Like having the Universal Studios theme play when the machine boots up, or a choir chorus when you open the door.:dunce: Never got very far with it.

Find an Android app and have the spindle go to a specific x,y,z point contact that signals your phone to vibrate. Stick your phone up your..........are you California based?

In Japan, everything that moves in a factory plays music while it does so. The AGVs in the factory I was in played Eine kleine Nachtmusik, the forklift next door played the Mickey Mouse song (instrumental version. It was fun, safe, and much less grating than the beeping you get in the US.

Find an Android app and have the spindle go to a specific x,y,z point contact that signals your phone to vibrate. Stick your phone up your..........are you California based?

Already have something up there. anyone else remember the Pucker Stop?

All I could find on it: OT Funny The Pucker Stop™, only from dfc CNC controls™

Website is old and defunct, google brings no images of it.

...and I can't be assed to take it out to picture it; my machine is running.

Dig out an old JC Whitney* catalog and find an A-ooga horn, or one that plays Dixie?

*I can't believe that I actually came up with that name!

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Output a dprint command to your dnc. Have DNC output a text. Have excel read for the code and execute a recording of "The Black National Anthem".

Back