What's new
What's new

Lost parameters and 9000 programs in older Harding Conquest T42

offrey414

Plastic
I am reaching out since I am looking at getting a Older Harding for really cheap with a lot of tooling. The only problem Is it sat for 2 years and lost all the parameters and 9000 programs. I reached out to Harding and they do not have the serial number on file and have been some help. They gave me some parameters that at least got us one step closer but it is not recognizing the spindle drive. Not sure if the parameters they gave me and it has live tooling so the spindle needs to be identified as axis and spindle. I am guessing that is the problem and the odd thing there is no c axis selector on panel but looking at parts they have lying around they there drilling with the x axis. The guys that use to run it in shop moved away and it has sat since. The Alarm that we have now are as follows.

1008 spindle unit fault
409 servo alarm: (serial error)

If you guys that have any experience with older Harding lathes and could give me some guidance I would greatly apricate it. I Also have not loaded the 9000 programs that he gave me yet. Was trying to get it out of E-stop and teach home position before I did that. I also do not have anything hooked up to it yet to communicate. I may have to hand type soon as I find out how to start a new program on this control yet. I will list machine serial number and controller below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1988 Harding Conquest T42
Serial number = CS-1114-C
CONTROLER = FANUC O-T

Attachments

• IMG_1671.jpg
    IMG_1671.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1672.jpg
    IMG_1672.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1673.jpg
    IMG_1673.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1674.jpg
    IMG_1674.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1675.jpg
    IMG_1675.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 39
That is just a "42", not a "T"-42.

A T would be 10 yrs newer and have an 18 control.

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I was wondering that too (scratching head),

I also wonder if that's why they couldn't find the serial number ?

It has been my experience that Hardinge is useless when it comes to repairing older machines. The members here know more about the machines than they do. Though they were eager to sell me a new machine :crazy: The current owner doesn't have the parameters and manuals???

I have a conquest42
I dont think I have any 9000 series programs though. I will give you what I got.

What does your IO look like? They changed early on from bcd style ice cube relays to the ribbon cable breakout boards. I have the ribbon cable type.
I think mine is a 0TC. small main board.

Also when you realize your curvic is bad, I can fix that for you too.
pm me your email

No the current owner had a guy when he bought the machine camet to work for him from that shop that use to run the machine. They ran parts for 3 years with success than that guy moved to texas and machine sat and he subbed out work. Now he wants it out of the shop but it sat for 2 years. I put new batteries in it and it was locked up and would not let me do anything anywhere on controler. The parameters where gone and for me to even go thru the contoler at all had to turn on machine with reset and delet held in.

thanks sorry been doing so much research and you are correct the newer one is a T42 so maybe that screwed me up a little. I did send him picks and so he should of noticed. Also I would think the serial number to harding would let them know that but will reach out to him after that absurvation.

Thanks

It has been my experience that Hardinge is useless when it comes to repairing older machines. The members here know more about the machines than they do. Though they were eager to sell me a new machine :crazy: The current owner doesn't have the parameters and manuals???

Ya they have been little to no help. Why would they not have a back up of parameters. The parameters they gave me got me further but the machine is still not reconizing the spindle drive. At least that is what I am getting out of my on line research. I know its an oldre machine but with chuck, collets a bunch of gear drives for live tooling and lots of tools for a working smaller lathe for a couple grand is worth putting some time into this.

Back