What's new
What's new

M01 always on

Kenre

Cast Iron
Fanuc 3T, Even with Optional Stop switch in the off position the program stops. Led comes on at same time saying its stopped. Switching it on, no Led, still stops at command.

Ive checked switch and its working.

ATM im doing mostly program setup so optional stop is very handy, but a nuisance i cant turn it off without program changes.

Is this a parameter issue? Cant find anything in the manual.

could be a parameter issue. could also be optional stop turned on with the program.
for example program can disable single block and feed hold ability often used in tool change macro and at end of macro its put back to normal

...ATM im doing mostly program setup so optional stop is very handy, but a nuisance i cant turn it off without program changes.
I don't know about the parameters in a control that old, do you have block skip?

It's clunky, but you could put a block skip in front of the op stop...

Fanuc 3T, Even with Optional Stop switch in the off position the program stops. Led comes on at same time saying its stopped. Switching it on, no Led, still stops at command.

Ive checked switch and its working.

ATM im doing mostly program setup so optional stop is very handy, but a nuisance i cant turn it off without program changes.

Is this a parameter issue? Cant find anything in the manual.
might be a settings parm you have to turn off pt in by the machine builder. I know my citizen has that under nc/pc button then settings PCMDI tab Theres a few options I can turn off and on.
Mine a t10 control. I also DONT have a optional stop switch. even my old 3t control I dotn have an optional stop switch.I cant check for PRM because I dont have power to machine.

I know you said you've tested it but have you checked for the status of whichever X signal it is going into the PMC? Is that bit switching when you toggle the switch?

Don't misunderstand my use of the word "bastard". I've run several SL's, they've all made good parts. I ran 2 at 2 different shops with the same X Axis---quirk. No one wanted to set and operate it, there was also a BP with a Bandit II conrrol, I ran them both, made good parts with them all day. It was job security.

R

Don't misunderstand my use of the word "bastard".

I've been running a Citizen F20 for 12 years. I completely understand your 'technical jargon'. When it runs, it runs. But when it doesn't, without any real guide as far as error messages (took me half an hour first time to figure out it was out of oil...), no wear offsets, no decent instructions, it can be challenging. And when it crashes, there's nothing but the main breakers on the drive boards.

Don't misunderstand my use of the word "bastard". I've run several SL's, they've all made good parts. I ran 2 at 2 different shops with the same X Axis---quirk. No one wanted to set and operate it, there was also a BP with a Bandit II conrrol, I ran them both, made good parts with them all day. It was job security.

R

No offense taken! Its great job security as its in my home based business workshop, about to be put into a few small production runs.

I have a bit of wiring to chase for the Op stop. has an extra wire going to a door interlock relay that isnt connected to the
door switch. removing that wire OP stop wont work at all.

No offense taken! Its great job security as its in my home based business workshop, about to be put into a few small production runs.

I have a bit of wiring to chase for the Op stop. has an extra wire going to a door interlock relay that isnt connected to the
door switch. removing that wire OP stop wont work at all.

Ohhh, it sounds like you're actually finding a solution to the original problem :dunce:

Problem solved! disconnected all the wiring from the switch to the relay. I will look into re wiring the door interlock soon. Im the only one ever in the workshop so no biggie.

Thanks to all for there assistance in my cnc lathe journey! Much appreciated.
Machine is going great.
I am now making lots of parts on it, in a fraction of the time and holding great tolerances.

Here's a tricky problem thats just popped up!

One of my larger programs, about 4000 lines, wont send to the machine. I get error 87, buffer overflow.
Occasionally i get a 004 alarm. The alarms always show after the first 3 or 4 lines.

All other smaller programs load just fine.

No luck still. I had no problems with the the same program a couple of weeks ago.
Checked all settings.

anyone???
Hello Kenre,
The p/s087 error is a Hand shaking issue. Its likely that you're using Xon Xoff Handshaking and it means that more than 10 characters were transmitted by the Sending Device after the Read Terminate command was issued. This can often be an issue with the UART of the Sending Device. One workaround that sometimes works is to turn the FIFO control off via the computer's Device Manager. If this doesn't work, try another Computer. If that doesn't work, set the comms for both the machine and Computer Comms Software to use Hardware Handshaking. Hardware Handshaking is always more reliable.

As a test, see if slowing the Baud Rate (at Machine Control and External Device) helps.

The p/s004 error is either address character have been left out of the program, or characters are being dropped during the program transfer to the Control. Basically, it means that a minus sign, or a numeral is being received without being preceded by an address character.

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,

I tried all the different settings to no avail.
Didnt go as far as another computer as most other programs loaded just fine. Im using a PC with a proper RS232 port,not a USB adapter.
All i can put it down to was something changed when i upgraded Dnc4u after the trial period.

I had to start over with the program by doing all the editing again from the fusion file, and it loads fine.
Both programs are identical so im in the dark as to why.

Back