M80 Cut-Off Detection on NLX2500
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default M80 Cut-Off Detection on NLX2500

New job, first time running a lathe with Y-axis and Sub so it's been quite the learning experience.

Today I programmed my first part doing a sub pick and got a lot of my info from the Mori Programming manual. I feel like it's good practice to use the M80 cut-off detection, so I did, and even though the part is clearly separated from the bar, I still get the "Incomplete Cut-Off" alarm. Is there a setting that I need to change/adjust somewhere? None of the manuals seem to say a damn thing about it, other than a simple explanation and a sample program (that obviously didn't work).

I deleted the M80 out of my program and everything else worked like a charm. So I just left it out to get the parts done, but would like to find what the issue was.

Any help would be appreciated.

Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not a Mori guy (at this time)

How does this code werk - doo you know?
    Is there a whisker probe that slips through somehow (would need adjusted per cut-off point - and highly likely to be suseptible to chips and strings)

Or maybe it is looking for spindle loads after cut-off is complete?
    Meaning, if S1 is told to slow down a bit, does the load on S2 increase while trying to pull S1 up? (if not cut off)
    (this is my guess, but never heard of it before - but a good app for sure!)

---------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Your second assumption is correct. When the code is called, spindle sync is cancelled and the sub stops spinning. If it senses that there is still a load then it supposedly knows that the part didn't get cut off completely.

Josh

4. Likes Ox liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So, the same type of cutoff check sequence on my Mitsubishi controlled Citizen Swiss lathes recommends that your spindle speed be low before you do this, to avoid the inertia of the subspindle looking like it's turning from an incomplete cutoff. The programming example we're given has the cutoff at 3500RPM and the RPM is dropped to 100 before calling the M50 (our version). Hope that helps some?

6. Likes Vancbiker, Triaged liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've not used the Mori version of cut-off check, but other machines are done similar to how TeachMe described. The M code used will be determined by the machine builder, but the principle of the function is basically the same on Fanuc, Mits and Yasnac controlled lathes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I twist solid cut-off centers in SS off like that.

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMePlease View Post
    So, the same type of cutoff check sequence on my Mitsubishi controlled Citizen Swiss lathes recommends that your spindle speed be low before you do this, to avoid the inertia of the subspindle looking like it's turning from an incomplete cutoff. The programming example we're given has the cutoff at 3500RPM and the RPM is dropped to 100 before calling the M50 (our version). Hope that helps some?
    It is a Mitsubishi Celos control, so I bet you're right, and apparently you've got a better program example than I do. I'll try that next time and see if it works. Thanks for the info.

Josh