What's new
What's new

Machine inspectors in Illinois

madmachinst

Stainless
Anybody that can inspect and give me a report regarding a used machine in Illinois? CNC Lathe Mazak. I don't even know where to start looking or how much such services should cost.

Back when I was buying machine tools from the dmro,s I would hire a inspector, so I didn't have to travel , but it was a big waste of time and money , the inspector would never perform or were in cahoots with the big dealers....Phil

Back when I was buying machine tools from the dmro,s I would hire a inspector, so I didn't have to travel , but it was a big waste of time and money , the inspector would never perform or were in cahoots with the big dealers....Phil

Ewlsey is a straight shooter. I'm very happy with the work he has done for me, including getting an older Lucas CNC HBM running.

If he can check out your machine within a days driving round trip, I wouldn't hesitate.

Last thing perspective buyer wants to hear is " I might know the guy." Some one that honest I doubt is in Kahoots. Haven't heard from Wes yet. I just don't wanna pay $700-1000 to hear "The spindles all turn and axis's all move." Wish I made a living like that.

I think that Wes has a YouTube channel called "Watch Wes Work". I don't personally know the guy but if he's anything like his videos I'd trust his opinion on a used machine tool. He mostly does vehicles lately but some of his early videos dealt with machine tool inspection and repair.

Back