What's new
What's new

In Machine (lathe) Electrical Raceway

Ox

Diamond
I need to replace an encoder warr that is in this mess.
As you can see - the OEM raceway has released from it's host flat stock that is s'posed to give it some means of rigidity, and now it hangs down yonder.

I'm not totally sure that it is even a problem for sure?
Maybe it could be taken out, worshed up real good, and re-glued together?

I have half-a-mind to put the new cable in it's own Liquitite and be done with it.

Comments?

DSCN2316_zpszhmwadhv.jpg

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Hanging sideways like that?
Or in a more vertical manner?

I would Shirley think that _ that thin sheet of (what appears to be stainless shim stock) would shear ratt through any zip ties in short order.

No???

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Yup hanging horizonal. I used the big thick 1/4" or 3/8" wide ones used for large wiring and got them nice and tight and they held up just fine. Could always put a rubber softener under them too.

I don't understand "Big Thick 1/4 or 3/8 wide ones".

???

You understand that one end of this moves back/forth & up/down all day/night - right?

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I used some .250 OD polyurethane tubing to tie up the cables thingies that go to sub spindle. They rubbed on the housing on transfer before I did that. Tough to cut that stuff.

The big cable ties that are about 3' long and anywhere from 1/4" to 3/8" wide. The pic isn't of a horizontal one but it is on a slant bed View attachment 276286

Yup, I use them to hold the mudflaps under my truck in the winter time, work great.

BTW Panduit makes stainless tye-wraps, fairly wide, and a very shallow belt buckle style end.

Well, I've prolly got $20 werth of 3/8 zip ties on that raceway now, and - I gotta say - it seems much more better than I would have expected!
I have enough on there that maybe they won't feel the need to shear off so much either. (???)

Now of course the top 2/3 of the raceway is empty - thank you to gravity and all the pro's and con's associated with such, and while the OEM cable is burried and twisted in amongst all that shtuff, I sent a section of 6 gauge warr through there, and it came out the other end on the 2nd try! So I think I'll try to pull the new cable up through there tomorrow. I have fish tape, but in this case - I think the 6g will be more better.... IDK why, but ...

I patched this cable >10 yrs ago fer sure, and it's been fine ever since, but it's been fighting me this week,and I've gone through ten 3.2A fuses this week, so I have a cable coming from TIE and 10 more fuses coming from Galco. (I hope they made today's truck!)

I am down at this point....

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Well, I've prolly got $20 werth of 3/8 zip ties on that raceway now, and - I gotta say - it seems much more better than I would have expected!
I have enough on there that maybe they won't feel the need to shear off so much either. (???)

Use a proper tye wrap gun, and set it to "max." for the big ones.

Pulls them up tite like vice grips.

Back