What's new
What's new

Machine Monitoring Software

imachine909

Cast Iron
We are currently testing the Heidenhain StateMonitor. The biggest problem we have with it is that it doesn't tell us much information about when the machine isn't running a program. Also currently they only support Heidenhain controls. Looking for options for a software that supports Heidenhain, Fanuc, and Siemens. Also it needs to report how long the machine sits on program stops and how much time the machine isn't running in memory/auto mode. Along with the feed rate over rides. Sorry if this has already been discussed or if its in the wrong place. Thanks in advance for your replies.

IMTS 2018 demonstrations ?

I believe there is something going on on this at IMTS this year.

I stumbled across something a couple of weeks ago quickly flicking through IMTS conference details and I believe there is going to be some sort of "Industry 4.0" type of demonstration between the different vendors and Machine Tool Builders... [MTBS].

Sorry to be really vague but I believe the intent is to network a bunch of machines with different controls (from different vendors and brands etc.) and different physical locations together and to collect and "Manage pertinent data". [Not a 100% sure whether Heidenhain, is "in on that" but I believe Fanuc is, or whether it's Heidenhain through DMG-Mori (or some such) ?

Not sure if that addresses your Heidenhain control issue but I think talks I have seen given by Okuma head engineers point to the idea of even collecting data from whether a machine is "green light", "Yellow light" or "Red light" is very useful without having to go super deep / whizz bang on the whole industry 4.0 "Dream".

I'll dig about later on today to see if smoking "crack" on this or not. Like what they are actually doing and who is participating.

I don't know exactly which Heidenhain product you are talkign about. We have a bunch of these controllers, don't know about any monitoring software for it. We've been looking for this a while

Metalcut the Heidenhain product I am referring to is called statemonitor. If google Heidenhain statemonitor you will find some information on it. They offer a 90 day free trail for up to 5 machines just fill out a short form online. The predator software seems like the best fit for us so far. pcasanova do you have any input on how long per machine it takes to get this installed?

I will check this out at imts. And I will look into the predator software also.

Recent digital "flyer" (from PM forum IMTS previews) says Heidenhain will be networking a whole bunch of different machines (controllers) together... for the first time?

But seems when you click on the link for more details about machine monitoring you get a wall of generic Heidenhain IMTS links and a COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS video... of pastiche of "techno-graphics" that give a vague impression of machine monitoring in a far too clean environment with German looking "Bloke" feeling really smug about his HERMLE :D

Come on Heidenhain I know you guys can do better than that. But maybe they don't want too high profile just in case things fluff up on the day... shhhhh !

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

@jowens909 seems HEIDENHAIN are the people to talk to at IMTS about this ? (What a co-inky-dink ?) ;-)

Back