What's new
What's new

Machine shop class programming diagram question

ajfanthony

Plastic
Need help with coordinate plotting , not sure how to begin with it and dont wanna ruin all of them. Just need help with the first 2 questions. 20200605_222201.jpg

Have you found point 1 on the drawing?
What is the X coordinate relative to the datum. Write that under the X.
What is the Y coordinate relative to the datum. Write that under the Y.
What is the Z coordinate of the bottom of the cutter relative to the datum. Write that under the Z.

Continue for all other points and coordinates.

I'm morally an Anarchist. But isn't this cheating? Isn't cheating frowned on for a reason?

Dude, figure out how to figure it out. Or get a hot dog cart.

I'm morally an Anarchist. But isn't this cheating? Isn't cheating frowned on for a reason?

Hello Rob,
I think its the same as when asked the question in a quiz show for the big prize:

"What did Eve say to Adam when she first saw him naked in the Garden of Eden"

The contestant, scratching his head replies:
"Hmmm. That's a hard one".

Quiz Master announces:
"That's absolutely correct"

and the audience goes wild.

Regards,

Bill

Hello Rob,
I think its the same as when asked the question in a quiz show for the big prize:

"What did Eve say to Adam when she first saw him naked in the Garden of Eden"

The contestant, scratching his head replies:
"Hmmm. That's a hard one".

Insert alternate punch line here;"How much do I get paid, if I get this right?"-"Dammit, I always forget this" or "SNAKES!!!!".

Quiz Master announces:
"That's absolutely correct"

and the audience goes wild.

Regards,

Bill

No way we're telling him. We don't need more competition......................:nutter:

But you're wrong, Rob. He can't handle the stress of selling things without asking how.
Give him a sign with Slow on one side and Stop on the other, the ones you see in construction zones. :D

New to CNC ..Remember that CNC grinder some times suggest XYZ are different than one would expect..so if you get to use/program grinders keep watch-out for that....

likely the answer to your quest is some place in the text book.

Back