What's new
What's new

Machine will run programs and MDI won't jog

Pattnmaker

Stainless
Siemens 840D. I can run programs and move all axis with MDI but when I try moving with jog I get an error. "20056 Channnel 1% Axis %2 no Revolutional Feedrate possible Axis/spindle %3 stationary". When I look up the error in the diagnostics it says the remedy is "traverse the Spindle/axis from which the feed is to be derived" I have no Idea what that means. If I start the spindle using MDI I can then jog but extremely slowly. This problem just showed up on Friday and we have re started the machine. Only thing that shows up with a google search is to try setting g94 in MDI which did nothing.

I managed to set a tool jogging with MDI this morning but I have to touch off this afternoon with my Haimer which I really. don't want to do.

Siemens 840D. I can run programs and move all axis with MDI but when I try moving with jog I get an error. "20056 Channnel 1% Axis %2 no Revolutional Feedrate possible Axis/spindle %3 stationary". When I look up the error in the diagnostics it says the remedy is "traverse the Spindle/axis from which the feed is to be derived" I have no Idea what that means. If I start the spindle using MDI I can then jog but extremely slowly. This problem just showed up on Friday and we have re started the machine. Only thing that shows up with a google search is to try setting g94 in MDI which did nothing.

I managed to set a tool jogging with MDI this morning but I have to touch off this afternoon with my Haimer which I really. don't want to do.

What machine?

sounds like it's looking for a spindle rotation for an ipr movement. the g94 in mda would also need a f25 or whatever feedrate for movement. But I wouldn't use mda, if you did use mda you would have to cancel button, switch to jog then you should be able move things around. depending on version or panel there should be the jog position or . .1 .10, or position on a dial or jog then a button with the increment . .1 .10 so every press of the axis button would move in .0001 .001 .01 per button press, basically generating a pulse if you didn't have a whee1.

If G94 didn't fix it, hmmmmm......

Is the machine stuck in M29 spindle synchronization perhaps? Would a simple G80 fix it? I have to admit, that's awfully strange...

It's a Huron KX8 VMC. The M29 sounds like it might be the problem. When I tried jogging with the spindle running I had the spindle running really slowly and the jogging was incredibly slow even with override at full speed. We did have a problem with a program that hung up and it did have a tapping cycle in it. Maybe the canned cycle never got deactivated. An M30 doesn't cancel an M29?
I have a roughing program running now that will be another hour or so when it's done I will try the G80

I just tried the g80 I got an error and it didn't fix the problem. But there is definitely a relationship between spindle speed and feedrate. I ran the spindle at 1000 10000 and 20000 rpm and there was a definite relationship between spindle speed and speed rate jogging.
So I am assuming I have somehow got a modal command active for a constant feedrate but only in jog? Which seems very odd.

Not sure about whether cycling power off and on resets modal commands. It hasn't solved the problem though. I have restarted the machine 3 times since this issue started and it hasn't made a difference. Movement using xyz commands in mdi works just fine. It's only jogging that won't work. Both jogging with the buttons on the controller and the remote wheel I get no Movement and the error 20056...

Oops that's what I get for reading on my cell phone. I have touched off some new tools using mdi. So I can get the 2 jobs I have on the go done before trying something as drastic as reloading the PLC . Maybe not that drastic for some but I think I will have to wait until we're caught up.

We brought a Tech in from the Dealer last week. One of the first things he checked was G95 but couldn't find anything set to G95. He checked a couple of programs that we had run around the time the problem started and downloaded some parameters from the machine. He had to send the parameters to their head office in Montreal and the tech in Montreal found the problem. It was a G95 in the parameters as Pcasanova suggested.

To get to this in a Siemens Controller: Parameter -Setting Data -Job Data Make sure it is G94 not G95

How this got switched I have no idea. Hopefully this will help if someone else has this problem.

Back