What's new
What's new

Matrix Nexus 2, Tool path check, Shape check.

Tap_or_Die

Cast Iron
Hey guys,

So we finally bought new machine, well 2015. Its a Mazak vnc530c. And it has the before mentioned control. Im used to using the conversational on the lathes here and this control seems to be really similar. So Ive built sample program, entered tool data, built a fixture using the controls edit datebase option.

When I check tool path I can see the machined/finished area of the part, and the tool path works fine. What I cant see is the vice, and raw material like im used to in the other controls. What am I missing to not see those in the tool path checker?

If you've defined material and fixturing in 3D setup, you can see it by going to "Virtual Machining" when on the tool path check screen. The first view will just show the part and tool, if you click "machine simulation" it will show the whole machine moving around.

676 alarm is hard to diagnose without some extra info, could you post of picture of the end of your program?

You can remove the work number call in the end unit, that's for when you want to continue on to another program. You're calling up the same program which wouldn't make any sense.

Just for shits and giggles, delete your end unit and put a new one in, but leave all the fields blank. It should still work and let you run tool path check.

Back