What's new
What's new

Macro Work Shift Question

Coadster32

Aluminum
So we have an older lathe program that I'd like to update a bit on. It makes parts out of a bar that sticks out 12" from the chuck. It's plastic, and there's no chatter involved in cutting them off. It used an old G50 position setup. After the part is ran, we'd rapid out to Z6. and then code in G50 Z6.300. This would in turn "work shift" the program in, and then we'd run another part. The G50 in the beginning of the program is set for a new full length bar. This works quite well.

What I'd like to do is use a macro to alter the value in the work shift setting. Not certain if I can write to this, or even the best way to manipulate from it. Perhaps G10, but not 100% certain. I have both Peter Smid's, and Sinah's book, but not quite putting together what I'm looking for. I'm not a stranger to macro programming, just haven't used system variables before.

I'm working in a two axis Fanuc 18T memory type B control lathe. The program came from a memory type A, and we have just never changed it over through the course of time. This may also be useful, as when we flip parts over, we just use a second set of offsets, or program side one to face at Z.050. Any insight would be much appreciated.

I see it now in your book on page 44. You list them as read/write variables. That would be most helpful.
Much appreciated, and apologize for the misspelling of your last name.

Back