What's new
What's new

Makino SNC64 with Marposs laser

KDESLIPP

Plastic
I have been the operator of this machine for a long time now and the installed tool setting laser has not been in use since I have been around. I have been assigned the task of bringing the laser back on line and develop a procedure for its use. I have all the manuals and software needed and have begun testing its operation. The laser is in working order (light is visible) only it does not seem to be returning a signal to the control when the beam is crossed.

My next action is to test, clean the cable connections.

Please respond if you can give me some assistance with the Marposs, Meda Laser Tool Setting Software on a Makino SNC64 with Pro3 control.

Keith

I remember reading something about that,,, documentation did not have the specific code though

We had a SNC64 with tool probe a while back but not with a Marposs. (absolutely loved that machine BTW) I asked around but didn't get any solid answers.

If you can't get any further with it I would try a Makino dealer. Even if it isn't a current machine they may have some white papers for you. Makino doesn't seem too keen on publishing them; they seem to squirrel them away so users have to ask for them.

I remember reading something about that,,, documentation did not have the specific code though

I don't have access to an official Makino M code list, but this one might be helpful....

Makino Pro 3 M Codes (Fanuc 16i/18i) - Helman CNC

Generally Makino is pretty good about keeping M code functions constant between control models. As with all info found on the web, proceed with caution.

Is there not just a program to run ? I ran newer makinos with Blum lasers and it was as simple as running a program. It would adjust current tool offset.

Maybe contact Marposs ? Not sure if they exist still. ...

A makino dealer is going to be a hail mary once I am ready to throw in the towel. Until then, I am chasing this M code down.

And You are right about loving this machine "Qwan", Tough as hell.

~K

This, and there will be a sub routine that is called.
Likely a 9XXX program that is called through a main.......

I suspect that the tool measure macros have been accidently deleted as the reason the measuring system has not been used for a long time.

Maybe the OP will post whether or not there are 9000 series programs stored in the memory.

I suspect that the tool measure macros have been accidently deleted as the reason the measuring system has not been used for a long time.

Maybe the OP will post whether or not there are 9000 series programs stored in the memory.

I still have the original programs, the coding is good, and they are functional.

The problem is, when I run the programs, the machine will continue movement once the beam has been broken. Like the laser isn't there.

I do have one more local source that I can tap to work this out. The electrician who installed the laser so long ago is still around. He should be of some help.

On a 16i which the Pro3 is built on the skip signal is diagnostic address X4 bit 7. The Pro3 U/I overlay may make that different to find than on a standard 16i series control. I don't recall and do not have access to one to refresh my memory.

If you can find that address, it should change state when the laser beam is interrupted. If it does not change state then you have to start looking at wiring diagrams to see where it is connected and break out your multimeter to check the signal.

If you wish, let me know your mail on my PM, I will send you Marposs Laser Manual (too heavy to attach here), it will help you a lot in troubleshooting the problem.

If you wish, let me know your mail on my PM, I will send you Marposs Laser Manual (too heavy to attach here), it will help you a lot in troubleshooting the problem.

I have the manual as well. it was when I ran the test cycle on page 2 when I realized the laser itself was the issue.

Back