What's new
What's new

Matsuura MC-1000 VS spindle orientation/stop problem

Ricardo EFR

Plastic
It is my first post.

I have a Matsuura MC-1000VS and it has a problem changing the tool. We see that the spindle stops but apparently the m05 is not detected.
I cleaned the motor belts to the spindle and applied anti-skid to them.
I have changed relays and coils involved in the automatic tool change system and the problem continues.:willy_nilly:

HELP!

NOTE:
I speak native Spanish. My writing in English may not be good.

what year is the machine(how old)? what control does it have?
Show us a copy of the tool change program,or at least few lines before and a few lines after your attemp at a tool change.

MFG DATE : 1986 - 10

CONTROL: YASNAC MX2

No puedo ver el programa de cambio de herramienta.
He visto que al ejecutar un programa cualquiera, al llegar a una línea de M05 no procede.
Al hacer un cambio "manual" de herramienta introduzco un M19.
Ejemplo:
T02 M06;
Y el magazine selecciona the 02 pocket, el husillo se orienta pero no se ejecuta el cambio.
He usado ésta máquina por 5 años, así que no es un error de programación.
He leído que puede deberse a que no se detecta que el motor está detenido.

I cannot see the tool change program.
I have seen that when executing any program, when reaching a line of M05 it does not proceed.
When doing a "manual" tool change I introduce an M19.
Example:
T02 M06;
And the magazine selects the 02 pocket, the spindle is oriented but the change is not executed.
I have used this machine for 5 years, so it is not a programming error.
I have read that it may be because the engine is not detected to be stopped.

In the video you can see that it does make the change, but it takes time to process the M19 code:

462/5000
I cannot see the tool change program.
I have seen that when executing any program, when reaching a line of M05 it does not proceed.
When doing a "manual" tool change I introduce an M19.
Example:
T02 M06;
And the magazine selects the 02 pocket, the spindle is oriented but the change is not executed.
I have used this machine for 5 years, so it is not a programming error.
I have read that it may be because the engine is not detected to be stopped.

No puedo ver el programa de cambio de herramienta.
He visto que al ejecutar un programa cualquiera, al llegar a una línea de M05 no procede.
Al hacer un cambio "manual" de herramienta introduzco un M19.
Ejemplo:
T02 M06;
Y el magazine selecciona the 02 pocket, el husillo se orienta pero no se ejecuta el cambio.
He usado ésta máquina por 5 años, así que no es un error de programación.
He leído que puede deberse a que no se detecta que el motor está detenido.

Mfg. DATE: 1986 - 10

In the video the machine does make the change but not in normal time.

Mfg. DATE: 1986 - 10

In the video the machine does make the change but not in normal time.

I had that problem on pretty much that exact machine and it had to do with the rubber coupling between the motor and spindle was worn so the M19 would not execute correctly.
It would look like it did but it really wasn't giving a signal.

When it got really bad the spindle would oscillate back and forth because it kept going in and out of the M19 state.

Try this, when it's sitting there not changing tools when you command it to, push on one of the spindle dogs with the right or left side with a stick. Try both sides, if it suddenly changes tools when you push on it then it may be that coupling has dried up and is sloppy in the fingers it sits in. Ours actually came out in a few separate pieces.

Be careful because if I'm right, the arm is going to move as soon as you push on it.

You mean the drive belts between the motor and the spindle?

If so, we have adjusted them. But the problem does not go away.

20201019_155654.jpg

My matsuura has no belts, I replaced the rubber spider shaped detail spoken of above here as well, does your spindle stay perfectly still when trying to change tools or does it wiggle back an forth?

Sorry Ricardo, you have a different arrangement then what I had and what Greg has.
I should have known when you said you already "adjusted the belts" in your first post.

We have something like this blue thing in the picture connecting the motor and spindle.

4X179_AS02 (1).jpg

Does the pocket containing the next tool go down and then it sits there? I wonder if the switch detecting the pocket is all the way down has gone bad or needs adjustment? Or it could also be the switch that detects the pocket is in the "up" position, maybe that is lazy and not releasing and with two switches giving a signal it just sits there until that top one releases? I remember having to play with those switches at one point too.
With the M and T blinking it looks like it's waiting for a ready signal of some kind.

I know you're thinking M5 but I'm still thinking "old parts" :)

The more I think about it, I like the upper switch better. The way it sits there and then suddenly goes, that's a lazy switch.
If I remember correctly they had LED's on them to show their state.

Please look into that and get back to us. I never get to help anybody around here and I think I'm on to something. This is a very exciting time for me.

We have checked the status of all the limit switches involved in ATC and they are OK.

We have disassembled the upper part of the spindle to access the belts as we found that they are seriously worn.

20201021_145141.jpg

Be patient.
We are working and your comment on a worn part was of great help to us, from this came the revision of the belts.:)

Hello!
Here back ...
I bought the drive belts (I bought these on ebay, the shipment was from Germany and it took 10 weeks to arrive) and have already replaced these.
But the problem remains:

The machine does not detect that the spindle is stopped

Normally when sending the axes to their home position I can use the unclamp button. And with this problem that button doesn't do its job. We also believed that it could be the brake pack component that is installed in the main cabinet but we already replaced it as well and nothing changed.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20201210_155928_resized.jpg
    20201210_155928_resized.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20201210_155944_resized.jpg
    20201210_155944_resized.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210126_093507.jpg
    20210126_093507.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 27

Back