What's new
What's new

Matsuura mc-760vx parameters

Evanokeson

Plastic
Hey there guys, I have recently purchased a 1989 matsuura mc-760 and am soon to have it delivered. In preparation to hit the ground running i have been trying to do as much research as possible and am coming up short in a couple areas....

First issue is that i fear the parameters will have been lost upon arrival, the machine has not been under power for who knows how long and i don't want to have to be waiting around for those in the case they have been lost.

Second issue is i was told the machine would come with all the manuals... when i finally laid eyes on the machine at the riggers warehouse i discovered the only paperwork that made it through the journey was a fraction of the mx-3 manual, (i have since found the pdf for that one online) I would however like to get my hands on the user and maintenance manual for the machine itself, not just the controller. (any additional technical info about the machine would be beneficial to have)

Third issue is that i'm super green when it comes to this machine, its controls, and cnc machines in general. If anybody out there has any advice about getting started with this machine it would be greatly appreciated.

Contact Methods machine tools in Sudbury Ma. (978) 443-5388 I'm pretty sure they sold every one of these machines in the US until some time in the late 90's
They are always helpful and quick to answer questions. They could probably supply you with everything you need as well as the complete Maintenance history of that machine if they did in fact sell and service it.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

Doesn't help much now but all the paperwork should have been put in the control cabinet and locked. I always tell the seller to under no conditions give the key to the riggers or trucker. I'd rather them throw the key out.

Second, never buy a machine that doesn't come with a hard copy of the parameters or at the minimum a video of someone scrolling through them. If they are lost and the manufacturer doesn't have them then you basically have a heap of scrap iron. Yes it is possible to bring it back to life but that is not a beginners game. I've turned down several free machines with no parameters, just not worth my time.

Hey there guys, I have recently purchased a 1989 matsuura mc-760 and am soon to have it delivered. In preparation to hit the ground running i have been trying to do as much research as possible and am coming up short in a couple areas....

First issue is that i fear the parameters will have been lost upon arrival, the machine has not been under power for who knows how long and i don't want to have to be waiting around for those in the case they have been lost.

Second issue is i was told the machine would come with all the manuals... when i finally laid eyes on the machine at the riggers warehouse i discovered the only paperwork that made it through the journey was a fraction of the mx-3 manual, (i have since found the pdf for that one online) I would however like to get my hands on the user and maintenance manual for the machine itself, not just the controller. (any additional technical info about the machine would be beneficial to have)

Third issue is that i'm super green when it comes to this machine, its controls, and cnc machines in general. If anybody out there has any advice about getting started with this machine it would be greatly appreciated.

We have 2 760s I might be able to help. PM me. What is the serial number of the machine?

Doesn't help much now but all the paperwork should have been put in the control cabinet and locked. I always tell the seller to under no conditions give the key to the riggers or trucker. I'd rather them throw the key out.

Second, never buy a machine that doesn't come with a hard copy of the login here parameters or at the minimum a video of someone scrolling through them. If they are lost and the manufacturer doesn't have them then you basically have a heap of scrap iron. Yes it is possible to bring it back to life but that is not a beginners game. I've turned down several free machines with no parameters, just not worth my time.

They are always helpful and quick to answer questions. They could probably supply you with everything you need as well as the complete Maintenance history of that machine if they did in fact sell and service it.

Last edited:

Back