What's new
What's new

Matsuura MC-800V parameters file for a yasnac mx2

tsi_don

Plastic
In the process of fixing a few bad IC's on a BTR and getting tape mode to read files, I've changed some parameters that are causing ATC issues. I am in need of a parameters file to compare the bits that have changed. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Ok...I'm getting desperate. I've downloaded every manual possible from Yaskawa. I have spent numerious late nights loooking / trying to move forward. I need to put this to rest and get busy restoring / updating this machine. I an simply looking to compare machine parameters with another mc-800Vmachine. Most of all of my changes have been related to communication issues.

I received a basic parameter set-up file for the MC-800V from Yaskawa. What great support they have, very professional. It's certainly made learning this Older machine a lot easier for us. A+++ for them.

So today or yesterday, we reset the ATC timing events and a few others bits...and the machine was up and running in no time....I am so happy to have this behind me. I will put it through more testing later as we progress.

I took this machine on trade and had it up for sale. It's worth more to me than the offers I received. So it's mine...for now. I personally don't understand how a rigid metal muncher like this has so little value. I personally put way more value on a 15,000 lbs rigid boxed way machine like the MC800.

Currently I've taken off all the sheet metal and have power washed each panel. The coolant sumps and line were flushed and washed also as they were filled with rotted way lube and nasty old coolant. We will be replacing all of the oil lines and the Y-axis ball screw. After that I've got a gallon of Dupont Imron that just so happens to be an exact match. I'll attach some pictures if anyone is interested in seeing my project.

Thanks for posting.

Don

Please do attach pictures, we all love seeing old iron being restored and put to use. :D

As a side note, make sure that you either clean or replace (preferred) all the metering vales on the manifolds for your lubrication. After time they clog and will stop oil from going to you axis'. The valves are cheap compared to the cost of turciting and grinding the ways.

-Matt

Last edited:
Good advice Canuck, my thoughts exactly.

I broke two weeping 90 degree elbows when I tried to snug them up . Everything seemed routine until I used an easy out to extract the threaded end. When it dug in, it turned the inside of the plug into powder. The elbows are made out of aluminum and look to have been hard coated at one time. The lubrication oil must have reacted somehow with the aluminum over the years. So every aluminum elbow and every oiling component will be replaced along with new metering valves and lines. The y-axis way looks almost new for a machine that was built when I graduated from High School.

I'd love to see pics. I just finished completely re doing the way lube system and the ball screw support bearings on all axis' as well as building a full enclosure for my mc500v2, I love old matsuura's.

To add to my previous post, make sure you take the lubrication pump off the tank and check the inlet filter on the pump to make sure that it is clean.

-Matt, who's glad ot see old iron given the TLC it deserves

I received a basic parameter set-up file for the MC-800V from Yaskawa. What great support they have, very professional. It's certainly made learning this Older machine a lot easier for us. A+++ for them.

So today or yesterday, we reset the ATC timing events and a few others bits...and the machine was up and running in no time....I am so happy to have this behind me. I will put it through more testing later as we progress.

I took this machine on trade and had it up for sale. It's worth more to me than the offers I received. So it's mine...for now. I personally don't understand how a rigid metal muncher like this has so little value. I personally put way more value on a 15,000 lbs rigid boxed way machine like the MC800.

Currently I've taken off all the sheet metal and have power washed each panel. The coolant sumps and line were flushed and washed also as they were filled with rotted way lube and nasty old coolant. We will be replacing all of the oil lines and the Y-axis ball screw. After that I've got a gallon of Dupont Imron that just so happens to be an exact match. I'll attach some pictures if anyone is interested in seeing my project.

Thanks for posting.

Don

Hi there,

Any chance you could share that basic parameter set?
We have also contacted Yaskawa, but with no luck so far. We do actually have the Matsuura MC500V2 with Yasnac MX1, but maybe the parameters would work. Any help would be appreciated.

Back